cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet tech support does not know what is on our dashboards?????

Hughesnet tech support does not know what is on our dashboards?????

Tried to download the Symbi that is recommened by HUGHESNET on my dashboard.  Tried to for 3 days to download, it kept failing.  Called in and after 37 min on the phone the tech person said it was not up and running yet.  Hmm-yet advertised to download.   Just for fun I attempted to download Symbi from my work computer.  It downloaded!!!!     That tells me that Hughesnet still cannot work as promised at my home, and the tech staff is not well trained.
10 REPLIES 10
Alum

Re: Hughesnet tech support does not know what is on our dashboards?????

Hi Beverly,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this. Can you clarify a bit more what errors you witnessed when trying to download Symbi? What I would suggest is starting your computer up in Safe Mode and attempting to install it. There could be a service running on your computer that is blocking access. You may also try disabling your Anti-Virus during the installation. Just remember to reactivate it after. I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Chris

Thanks Chris,  I will give your suggestions.  I will give them a try.

Thanks Bill, I don't useFirefox but I need to try going through Explorer.  I was using Google Chrom.
Alum

Hi Beverly,

Were you able to resolve this using my suggestions? Also, is there anything else we can assist you with? I noticed your comment in another thread about slow speeds. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris

So far nothing has worked.  As a test, I was able to download the Symbi on my computer at work in just under an hour. (There is cable at my work place)   I have continued to try (different days and different times) to download it at home so I could link it to my Hughesnet, and it continues to want 5 or more hours to load and then it fails.
Alum

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for the update. What we will do is escalate this to our Symbi team. They will reply in this thread to you once we get in contact with them. They should be able to help you get this installed and up and running. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we continue to address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris

I am using a Windows PC
Highlighted

Hi Beverly, Is this a problem with ALL downloads or just SYMBI??     If it is just Symbi and all you wish is to put it on your home pc, If you have flashdrive it's fairly easy to copy the INSTALL (Symbi.exe) from your work computer and then use your flashdrive to install it on your home pc...

If ALL downloads including symbi as well as web browsing is SLOW I would analyze your SPEED first an tackle symbi later.. Hughes speedtest can be found here : http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/                  Being summer break an all MANY of us are suffering from a drastic speed dip

As a side note, I was able to get symbi to download just fine a month or so ago BUT I didn't really find the program very usefull since I already have programs that already do what it does an then some. Basically its a maitenance program/ status meter..  

Thank you Melissa.  It is a speed problem