cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet technical support says that my speeds of less than 1Mbps are within limits...will not help me

Re: Hughesnet technical support says that my speeds of less than 1Mbps are within limits...will not help me

Looks like my test speeds.  Tech coming today to check everything out, and probably say it all looks good.  We will see!!!  
New Poster

Re: Hughesnet technical support says that my speeds of less than 1Mbps are within limits...will not help me

Here are the newest speeds from saturday and sunday. I don't know what happened for those 30 minutes between 9:08 and 10:13. A speed test on testmy.net around the same time came back as 4mbps. As you can see, speeds went right back down to below 1mbps soon afterward. 
New Poster

Tommy make sure you have the Tech run a set of 5 speed tests before they leave to confirm that its working right

I just ran the ATT test on my Gen4 system got 13.7 Download and 1.2 upload.
Assistant Professor

For whatever reason the Hughes test always reports significantly lower download speed for my system than what I'm actually getting.
New Poster

Mine does the exact same thing, hughes shows 10-12Mbps but testmy, AT&T, all show 20-21Mbps, and when hughes runs the speed test for my system they show the higher numbers also

I get a message that I can not copy a previous episode of a show because my system is running at .27 Mbps, not 10 Mbps. I do not use my computer that much.The choices offered to me were to use the system between 2 AM & 8 AM or pay $20.00 more a month to go up to the next level. 
Assistant Professor

Ginny, are you in FAP?

Tonight's tests. PATHETIC. I'm still waiting on the call from HughesNet. I wonder if the call really will come?

Is anyone on the other end of the line? Does Hughes realize they're in the satellite internet business? Why does that chicken cross the road? And if no one is there to hear, does the tree make noise when it falls in the woods? The last couple of questions seem as sensible as the first considering the circumstances. HELLO HUGHESNET, ARE YOU THERE?? Official rep, say roger, wilco or something like that... just a crumb of hope. Toss me a bone.

Highlighted
Employee

Melody,

I have made changes to your HT1100 and moved to you a better place.  Please re-test and let us know how things are.

Chad