Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hughesnet voice stopped working after 3 years - no resolution after 2 weeks

New Poster

Re: Hughesnet voice stopped working after 3 years - no resolution after 2 weeks

sorry meant to say April 4th (case# 53303896) not March 4th above
New Poster

Thanks - beginning to wonder if they will not be able to fix this - did they send us a refurbished ATA box?

Our options are to send a tech and/or replace the ATA, but our VOIP engineers first want to get to the bottom of why, as you pointed out, SIP is showing as disabled, among other things.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Not sure what "SIP" means.  Is it something the engineers can work on offsite, or is the ability for the ATA to be 'enabled' something that has to be programmed into the ATA before you send it out?
Highlighted

Would someone please edit out the sat phone number in the first post?
New Poster

I'm new to posting - please let me know how to do that - thanks - the phone doesn't work 90% of the time anyway, but it would be good not to have it out there

I don't think you can once your post is acknowledged, it's going to take one of the HN reps to do it and they're gone until Monday. Unless one of them is monitoring the forum over the weekend.
New Poster

Thanks Robin - have a great weekend

Good morning monicosman,

Just letting you know that our VOIP engineers are still working your case. Please rest assured that you will not pay for any HughesNet Voice fees until we get this resolved for you.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good news! A VOIP engineer just informed me that you should have a dial tone now. Please confirm that you have dial tone and the voice service is working to your satisfaction.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz