cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN'T WAIT TO DROP HUGHESNET Gen4.

I CAN'T WAIT TO DROP HUGHESNET Gen4.

11 months to go and I can hang it up.  I have a $147.91 monthly bill  for the worse service I have ever had.  By the time my son starts a game, we're out of data and I can't even stream Netflix.  I have never had such lousy service.  And, when I finally drop them, I'll have holes in my roof thanks to the satellite dish for crap service.  
1 REPLY 1

Re: I CAN'T WAIT TO DROP HUGHESNET Gen4.

Hi Bee Bee,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met. We would like to help you and address your concerns. Please provide a recent case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back/bottom) so we can pull up your account.

Please remember that the quality in which you stream your movies will affect how much bandwidth will be used and how many movies you can watch. You'll want to stream your Netflix movies using "Good Quality." Best Quality will use up your bandwidth very quickly. 

Netflix: 
- Good quality consumes up to 0.3 GB per hour 
- Better quality consumes up to 0.7 GB per hour 
- Best quality consumes up to 1 GB per hour for SD or 2.3GB per hour for HD. 

Here's how to adjust how much data Netflix uses: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

Also, be aware that game consoles may download updates and also have the option to download your games instead of relying on a disc. These updates and related game downloads can get quite large, 2-6 GB for a whole game. 

I hope that the above offers some clarification.  We look forward to hearing back so we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->