Hughesnet Community

I HATE HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
connie5

I HATE HughesNet

I HATE HughesNet Gen 4....So slooooowww. I bought a new router thinking it was my NetGear modem. Service is slower now. could be that my router is too fast for this crappy excuse for internet service. Slow speeds are hindering my children doing homework. I know they are throttling my connection . Also, this user site sucks. Ever heard of a home button you morons who code for hughesnet?
10 REPLIES 10
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Oh, click on pic to enlarge.  🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Now that is out of the way, would you like some help?
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Now, that was funny, Right There 🙂
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I know they are throttling my connection .
Then click here: http://192.168.0.1 to access your modem, and see if you've used up all your Anytime Data.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Mordacious

I don't care who you are THAT WAS FUNNY

Good Dog BirdDog! Sniffed that right out with no trouble.
Mordacious

Did you know that many people that come to this community and actually ask for help are able to fix their network and actually like Hughesnet?

I guess that would depend on how important the kids doing homework actually is. I really hate that you bought a new modem, you should have asked for help first.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

To add to what the others have posted if you have a netgear router you need to make sure that the firmware is up to date
Chris11
Alum

Hello Connie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account and I see that you called in today for support. From your case note history I also see that this has been a concern of yours for some time. We apologize if you have not been satisfied with your service. However we are here to help. One of the great things about our community is that we can directly work with engineers to evaluate and make changes to your site. 

I know you have been instructed to run speed tests before however I do not see any listed on your account. To make a case for you with our engineers we'll need some results to escalate to them. Please head to www.testmy.net. Over the next few days, please run speed tests with one computer directly connected to the Hughes modem. We'll need a batch of tests throughout the day to get a good idea of what you are experiencing. When running the tests on this site please make sure to use ONLY 12 MB as the test size. Then post your results here. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris