cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE HughesNet

Highlighted
New Poster

I HATE HughesNet

I was done the 1st time I called and was told the Gateway is in San Diego, CA. The guy said "Oh it's raining in San Diego, that's why you're having a problem! I've had HughesNet since March 16th & I've had nothing but trouble. Tried downloading a small game. I fell asleep, woke up 3 hours later the thing was still waiting to download. GIVE ME A LARGE BREAK!!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Improve your experience

With satellite internet, weather at your location and/or at the gateway's location can and often does affect your connection.  

Now that you have vented, realise you're in a tech support environment, not in a social media place. It would be more beneficial for you to post more details about the issues you are having, and to work with the community to troubleshoot those issues and improve your experience within the limitations of satellite.  

ethelrstokes wrote:
I was done the 1st time I called and was told the Gateway is in San Diego, CA. The guy said "Oh it's raining in San Diego, that's why you're having a problem! I've had HughesNet since March 16th & I've had nothing but trouble. Tried downloading a small game. I fell asleep, woke up 3 hours later the thing was still waiting to download. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: I HATE HughesNet

@ethelrstokes 

Where were you trying to download this small game from, and how were you trying to download it, as in directly from a website, using an app, etc.?

"I've had HughesNet since March 16th & I've had nothing but trouble." - Can you elaborate?  

Please keep in mind that a prioritization policy has been in place since March 20th that is designed to help those working and schooling from home.  Because of this, other activities may take a backseat, bandwidth wise, during periods of high system load, which is nearly around the clock as of late.  Things like file downloads and streaming may be difficult.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro