cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Have called Hughesnet several times.no one will not help.FIX IT OR TURN IT OFF!!

pam

I Have called Hughesnet several times.no one will not help.FIX IT OR TURN IT OFF!!

I only check my email or use facebook. something is eating my meter up.i noticed im only working on 1 signal. my free time is from 2 am to 7 am,not 8 am.i can watch my meter start at 7 am.using Facebook should never use my meter down to nothing.I Have Been with Hughesnet for 5 or 6 years.way to many errors or can not connect.problems i never had before.im tired of calling and trying to talk to someone that does not talk english. im on my computer from 2 to 7 am.Like i said before,,Fix It Or Turn It Off!!
26 REPLIES 26

Re: I Have called Hughesnet several times.no one will not help.FIX IT OR TURN IT OFF!!

Pam do you use Gen 4? If so you are not getting free time you get 20 GB of use from 2-8 am, so if you are only getting it until 7 am then I don't know why that is happening. But the free or unlimited usage in the early morning hours was only with Gen 3. That time was from 1-6 am. 

I too only use Facebook and do check my email daily but rarely have any to answer, only maybe 4 or 5 times a month do I correspond with friends. 

How long do you have before your meter is a 0? I get about 21 to 24 days before mine is gone. Actually I am surprised that I am able to answer this through my email because right now I am at 0 on daily and bonus use and still have almost 5 days before my reset. So I am not able use Facebook for what I want to do there. 

I know some people don't understand, but I go crazy when I cannot get into my Facebook, well I can get it, but cannot do any of the things I do other than just read what people say, can't send messages or post or play my game. So I have a good friend who does these things for me when I can't, but it is still not the same. I always put in a password just for her to use just before my time runs out. Very silly I guess, but I am just that crazy about my game I play.

I have talked until I am blue in the face to people at hughesnet about this and finally have given up because they are Not going to do anything about changing their plan so I either live with it or give it up. I have had to give up TV service for a while so I am not planning on giving up my internet unless it finally does have to come down to that, which I seriously hope that it doesn't.

I understand how you feel, I have felt the same way, but you might say that hugesnet has me tied to them because I cannot get any other but Wild Blue and it is the same as Hughesnet.
Alum

Re: I Have called Hughesnet several times.no one will not help.FIX IT OR TURN IT OFF!!

Hello Pam,

Thanks for your post. Let’s try to diagnose your setup to find the issue here.

Could you please post one of the following - a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem so that we may look into this?

Also, are you using a router?  We suggest reading these threads first to see our progress in addressing these unidentified data usage concerns:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/usage_data_calibration_is_complete

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/unidentified_usage_verification

You may post your screenshots in this thread created for you so we can focus on addressing your concerns.

-Warren

pam

I Do not have a case number and im not using a router.today  windows download what i put on as Important things,what should have took a few minutes took all day.i had 8 free meters,i olny have 5 left.meter is at 15,it never shows me when it uses a meter.I have HN9000,Not gen 4.im  not sure if this is the serial number .S/N:J3 1101000006533111 2. Thats the only number i see other than the model number.The name its in is pamela shepherd. The modem is only working off of 1 signal,it shows it when i first turn the computer on. what do you want a screen shot of? I Would like to talk to william,i lost his number. Thank You for your help.  pam shepherd
Alum

Hello Pam,

We see that you spoke with a Customer Care representative today to address your issue. Hopefully the issue is resolved. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

- Warren
pam

No it was not resolved,they do not speak english and i could not make her understand what was wrong. this is been going on for a year.everyone i talk to does not understand or is not trained. all i have heard is we will look into it.they never do nothing about it.i tried to tell her my meter starts at 7am not 8am, all she said is you have untill 8 before your free time is up. it was 7.30 my meter went from 100% to 50% in 30 minutes.i feel this is a waste of money. i stay up at night so i can use my computer, if not the meter is gone and i can not doing nothing. i cant get the free meters to go on either.it will use them but stays in the red. it used 3 ,the meter never did go up.If  They are not going to try to fix it i think i will just have it turned off.i spend too much money and cant use it during the day. Enough has been Enough for a year!!
New Poster

pam I dont think William is a mod any more, but I believe it you had you term analogy correct the CS reps might understand you better, Let me see if I can explain it a little better, your status meter when at 100% is a 2 day total of your daily data allowance. if your status meter was at 0% on any given night and you were not to use any data it would fill to 50% the following morning then if you did not use any data until the free period begins on that night then when you anytime period starts the next morning the your status meter would read 100% it takes 2 days to fill to 100% now when you add data its called adding a token not meters. Tokens are applied to your token bytes and when you run out of anytime data then you start running from the token bytes, adding a token will not make the color of the status meter change from red but when you have token bytes available then you will not be throttled until your token bytes run out. You said your running off of 1 signal when you turn your computer on, Are you using a wireless router? if so then the 1 signal would be called 1 bar of signal strength for your wireless connection and will increase the closer to the router you get. I hope this help clear things up a little for you 
New Poster

I believe all 9000 Legacy customers free period ends at 7am your local time. I think it labeled wrong on the status meter due to the fact that the Gen4 bonus period ends at 8am local time
pam

Call The Hughesnet People and See What They Tell You.It always was 2am to 8 am,then it goes from 2am to 7am,by 7:30 the meter is down to 50%.this is every day that the meter has dropped to 50% by 7:30. everything i try to do i get an error,it is coming from Hughesnet,My antivirus tells me where the errors are coming from.But like i said before,either they are not trained to do their Job,or they do not understand what im trying to tell them.meter is at 19%. I have not been on it since this morning.It will not let me add a token to get it back up to speed.Mr Charles McCool,What Do You Think I Should Do??
New Poster

One of the Mods will be on here this morning and take a look at if for you. the only way at this point that you will refill to 100% is to not use it for 2 days then it will refill to 100% then as long as you dont drain it below 50% during the day then you will always refill to 100%