cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting A LOT of "Server not Found" and DNS Server errors

New Poster

I am getting A LOT of "Server not Found" and DNS Server errors

I am getting A LOT of "Server not Found" and DNS Server errors. Usually when I refresh the page, it will then load. No pattern as to specific pages or times. I have tried without router with no change. I have also power cycled modem with no change. I have the HN9000 and using Windows 10. This has been occuring for quite a long time, just now getting fed up enough to post about it.
9 REPLIES 9
Honorary Alumnus

Re: I am getting A LOT of "Server not Found" and DNS Server errors

You might try using Google's DNS servers rather than Hughesnet's (found in your router interface:

After doing so, in this order do the following:

#1: Power of the Hughes modem\

#2: Power off the router

#3: open a command prompt and perform a IPCONFIG /FLUSH

(see here for details) http://www.wikihow.com/Flush-DNS

#4: Power up Modem and let it boot up completely before proceeding

#5: Power up the Router and let it boot up completely before proceeding

#6: Open a browser and see if the issue is resolved.

Alum

Hi dunahue,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Gwalks, suggestion is a good start. If you continue to see the error messages try also to disable Turbo Page. Let us know if this helps.

EDIT: Forgot to add the directions for Turbo Page

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_do_i_disable_my_turbo_page_turbopage

Thank you,
Chris
New Poster

Changed to Google DNS and seems to have taken care of 90% of issues. Holding out a few more days to say it is 100% solved as I am still getting a few DNS errors.
Alum

Hello dunahue,

Glad to hear Gwalks suggestion helped. Seems to be the best first step in these situations. Come back and let us know after continued testing. We appreciate the feedback.

Thank you,
Chris
New Poster

Just an update, noticed a significant increase in DNS errors today. Not sure why.
Honorary Alumnus

IP addresses can change but if your system, either the modem or your router thinks it has a valid IP it will use that instead of checking with google for the latest IP.
Power down the modem, the router and do a flush DNS command from a command prompt. That will force a DNS update.
New Poster

Did that as per your first instructions and it had cut about 90% of DNS errors until yesterday.
Highlighted
Alum

Hello dunahue,

Is this still ongoing? Since the change you mentioned a cut of about 90%. How much would you say it is now ?

- Chris
New Poster

was doing better until yesterday and then had a large spike in errors