cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having SAME problems (DNS lookup error)

Re: I am having SAME problems (DNS lookup error)

Hi Trish, 

Thank you for posting back. You should have instructions with the replacement modem, but it's really just a matter of plugging the cables from your old modem into the appropriate ports on the replacement modem. The modem will then start the registration process on its own without any input from you;this may take 20-30 minutes. However, if for any reason you're unable to resume browsing after all this, you can give us a call any time at 866.347.3292 so we can get you up and running again.

Regarding those speeds, that looks great! Considering these tests are done while plugged directly into the modem, you may want to consider checking your router. When you add the router to the mix, how far is your PC/laptop/mobile device from the router? Distance from the router can affect speeds, too. Even router setting can have an effect. If you are unsure how to optimize your router to get proper speeds, please post your router model, one of our community champions or other members with knowledge about that model may help. 

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->