I am having an unsual issue..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrgarrett
Sophomore

I am having an unsual issue..

TCP acceleration  and dns are failing on the Diagnostic test.  after a severe thunderstorm last wednesday.. It has been acting like there is a glitch.. Web pages sometimes corrupt or lock up where you have to refresh them. This happens on all devices. I have rebooted the modem but it still does it. but it does work great for a bit.
14 REPLIES 14
jrgarrett
Sophomore

10846328.. It works good most of time, I am hoping it is just a glitch. I figured I would report it just in case it might be something wrong.. Have not had any other problems.
jrgarrett
Sophomore

I did find out that the coax cable was not tight at the modem. I tightened it and the diagnostics come back normal.. So maybe it was just a loose connection.  and it does not seem to be glitching now.
jrgarrett
Sophomore

jrgarrett
Sophomore

jrgarrett
Sophomore

jrgarrett
Sophomore

jrgarrett
Sophomore

jrgarrett
Sophomore

New
jrgarrett
Sophomore

It is still goofing up here and there.
Amanda

Hi jrgarrett,

Welcome to our community! Thank you for posting your serial number, it helped me locate your account. I did manage to run some diagnostics and look at your hourly history - everything looks really good right now.. Can you let me know if the issues come from particular websites or activities, even time of day? 

Thanks!
Amanda
jrgarrett
Sophomore

So far everything is working great.. I did unplug the modem for about an hour this morning and no more errors so far. It did it most in the afternoon or early evening.. And it was on Facebook  when the errors occurred but that could have been a result of the coaxial cable being loose on the back of the modem.. Fingers crossed! LOL and Thanks for your help
Amanda

Hi jrgarrett

Good to hear! I'll leave your post open so we can talk later if you have trouble again, ok? Have a good one!

Amanda
jrgarrett
Sophomore

No more issues! Everything is working great! The error was mostly due to a loose Coaxial cable connection. 
Amanda

Very cool! Thanks jrgarrett. We'll go ahead and close your thread, but now you know where to find us if you need help 🙂

Amanda