Hughesnet Community

I am not pleased with the service at all. I want out without paying the ETF.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_mhotandcold

I am not pleased with the service at all. I want out without paying the ETF.

I am not pleased with the service at all. I have been in contact with reps thru chat lines, emails, and phone. All I get is "we can perform tests". These have not helped. When I signed up my biggest concern was data. The sales rep assured me that would not be a problem because the speed of Hughes Net was so fast we could get everything done so quick we would have ample data. Wrong! And, like so many others, the first month was great. Then the bottom fell out the second month. Two weeks in and all our data was gone. We do not stream videos, watch movies or game online. These things would never happen even if we wanted to do them. And the speed was never impressive. Sometimes the old dial up was faster. I have been complaining for a long time and am getting no results. I want out of this contract without having to pay the ETF's. I feel the service was misrepresented as being exactly what I needed. My last case number is 101189892. This was for a free home device check. After waiting on hold for a long, long time I had to get back to "life" so I had to hang up. I was also offered to upgrade my plan. Why would I want to pay more for something that is not working? I have a 1100 modem serial # B3 0010958685. I also have the voice which I don't use often, but when I do, I don't have any problem with. I wish I could keep that, but guess that's not possible without the internet service
6 REPLIES 6
Chris11
Alum

Hi j_mhotandcold,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting with a case number. We'll have a sales call review done pertaining to your concerns. Once I have more info to share I will let you know. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi Jeanna,

Thanks for being patient. I do have the results of your review. Here is what we found

After reviewing the call, the agent does disclose during the pitch that there would be 10 GB of anytime data with the plan.  Earlier in the call, the customer explains that they are currently using 10 GB of data with their current internet plan, and it wasn’t enough.  When discussing non-recommended activities, the agent reads the gaming disclosure because the customers son has a PS4.  The customer also states that the do not do streaming because they don’t have the capability to, and the agent states that they could start if they wanted with HughesNet.  Our agents are instructed to read the streaming disclosure if they make this kind of claim. The agent also explains the smart compression technology, stating that the customer would be able to get more out of our data.  After the pitch, data is not discussed except for in the final terms and conditions.  The customer does not have any questions about the T’s & C’s before consenting to process the order.   The agent will be coached to properly address heavier usage activities moving.

For the most part it does seem that our agent was accurate in his depiction of the service. However I was not too sure about the compression technology portion and I asked for clarification. 

The customer mentions that they have Excede, and the agent responds, “Every time I talk to an Excede customer they tell me that they burn through their data very quickly and they have some really slow speeds, which is something we will be able to help you out with.  One of the biggest things we do with our service is focus on the technology behind it.  We call it our Smart Technologies – one of them is that we’re going to be able to shrink your data usage by up to 30%, so every gigabyte is going to be working a lot harder for you.”

I don't think the agent had bad intentions when describing this feature. I can understand as a customer how this sounds, and it quite frankly is wrong. Based off of this, I think it best to allow you to cancel with no ETF. If that is currently what you'd like to do please let me know and I'll add a note to my case so that when calling in you'll be taken care of.

Thanks,

Chris

j_mhotandcold

Thank You so much Chris. Yes I would like to cancel my service without paying the ETF. Let me know how to proceed.  Thanks Again.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Jeanna,

Everything is done. You'll just need to call in at 1-866-347-3292. Reference my case number 101278288. Our agents will take care of you from there. Hope everything goes well with your next ISP.

Thanks
Chris
s.ratchford

God, I'm jealous
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Don't give up, s. ratchford! Have you already been told no?  You may be in the same situation and you may see the same result for your case.