cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy? I have been a customer only a couple of months, and have heard all the overcharges and excuses I care to hear. I have been charged far more than I was with Charter cable. I could not get Charter here in this area. Because of this, I have decided my daughters and I will not buy here. I never had dish service before, and now I understand why everyone advised against it, but had no choice in this area. The tech who set this up assured me of no problems with the computer and that is all I have had from the git go...not with my computer...with their very inadequatej program. I wish I had never signed up with this company. I feel cheated, lied to, nobody knows anything about fixing issues. It just cost me close to 60.00 to get a service technician Hughes transferred me to via phone (5th call to Hughes) to get my computer up and running since the router they gave me was no good. Oh, and in addition, the shipping cost to return said router to the NetGear company for replacement. Did Hughes care...nope. I just want them to let me go and not penalize me as they did someone else on here for leaving their service. I would rather do without service than stay with this company.
44 REPLIES 44
Assistant Professor

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

You got your service through Dish?

HughesNet does not sell or provide routers, that is between you and the installation company. What do you mean by "inadequate program"?

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Hi Cuddlebug

Well the router did not come from HughesNet as HughesNet doesn't supply router.  The router would have came from the Dealer that sold you the service.  Other than that give us a little more information such as your OS  PC type and detail of the problem, eg. no connection, slow connection, and so forth.  You can bypass the router by connecting directly to the HN Modem with the cable running from modem to router.  Try that first then let us know.  While we don't work for HughesNet here there is a lot of knowledge on this forum.

I don’t think she meant dish network I think she was referring to the satellite dish.  I do believe that Dish Network uses Exede for internet
Highlighted

You don't understand (probably because I am upset with Hughes and don't explain well).  This tech who set up the service did not walk into my home and say o.k. lady, this box comes through this company and this box through another, so you'll have to contact them if you have a problem.  He simply set it up for internet and phone.  Cisco box for phone, NetGear for internet, and the Hughes tower with blue flashing lights (when in use that is).  Now I don't know (or for that matter care) if Hughes net is in the habit of supplying the routers, I am not a computer whiz, but even so, I know when a company is running a scam.  Charge for this, charge for that, buy tokens, don't, for Heaven's sake, dare to actually use the internet for fear you won't have any "space" left and there goes more money for tokens.  None of this business was explained to me about tokens, they just simply set things up and that was that.  BTW, I very much appreciate your responses.  I do not have dish net or something, I have Hughes Net but they have their dish in my yard.  slow to no connection, no ability to use printer to print from net, and oh yes, I was told AFTER I signed up, that oops, we can't give you fax service with a dish.  Lies, lies, lies.  I am sick of it.  I am sure you who are smarter and more computer savvy than I know how to work with this better

I just want Hughes to go away, take their "service" with them, and don't even think about trying to charge me for early release.  I am sick to death of wasting my time "fixing" their service caused problems, which takes many hours of my time that I could spend much more productively.  Hughes has not started out doing right by us, but were sure friendly enough prior to being signed up with their service, and now they don't know how to do anything to help with their own issues.  The box is just one issue, it has been ongoing with Hughes from the beginning.  No, I don't have numbers for Hughes to "check into" the issue, just let me go and don't do your usual charging of astronomically ridiculous fees to do it.

Have you just moved it if so then we need to start from scratch you should be able to use the printer and other things so first first What is your operating system eg Windows 7 or 8  or OSX aka Mac.  or something else.  Is your printer wireless?  However the first step is to eliminate the router by hooking up the modem (the Hughes Tower with the blue lights) to the PC with the cable that connects the Modem to the router.  This will isolate the router and help in figuring this out.  I do understand not being a tech savy individual so bear with me we need one step at a time.  I wish Sgoshe or Charles would do some of their fancy diagrams they would help.
Associate Professor

"cuddlebug",

Could you please calm down and elaborate on your issues?  Are you experiencing slow speeds? Are certain websites not working? Have you ran the Hughesnet speedtests at my.hughesnet.com?

You do have 30 days to cancel with no ETF but if you are like me andd others nothing else is available where we live.
Assistant Professor

Plus sadly for many, satellite internet is not always plug and play, it often takes some tweaking on the user's end. Many do get frustrated with that aspect.