cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Assistant Professor

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

I think she'll have to be receptive first and don't think so at this point. And Gwalk is the one with the fancy diagrams.  Smiley Happy

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Oh yea!!! that's right I'm old and get confused at times LOL Smiley Happy

Hi cuddlebug, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We'd like to help address your concerns, so I pulled up your account and I see that we're still in the process of working with you to address your connectivity/router concerns. August 20, you were connected with our Home Tech Support partner and that call ends with you mentioning that you were getting a new Netgear router and that you would call them back for their assistance in setting it up; that's the last note I see on your account. 

Do you still need assistance setting up your new router? HTS is willing to guide you through the setup, please let us know.

Otherwise, if you insist on cancelling, you may do so at your convenience at 866.347.3292.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

To all who left a reply, unless you have been where I have with this situation, (I know there are others who have), please do not tell me to calm down.  I have the right to be upset.  I have spent a lot of time trying to work this through with Hughes, and ended up spending more money than it is even worth.  I am a widow with two daughters.  One is handicapped and it is important I have the access required to take care of business.  Yes, I wish to cancel, but are you going to charge me to do so Liz?  I appreciate your response.  Yes, I spoke with a tech, but they were not from Hughes and claim no affiliation with Hughes at all.  There's an extra 60.00 right there for service Hughes themselves told me they were not qualified to handle.  No mention of having to pay for help until they transferred me to this service.

Well it is said, If you are not willing to help yourself or listen to those who want to help then, Via Con Dios, if you are not willing to  accept help then one word.  Bye!!!
Enough time waisted for one so stubborn.  

Now I wait to hear back from Hughes on this forum.  Why not contact them via phone instead?  I have....that's how I ran into further money with wings for tech support.  What does Hughes think they are doing saying to people that they have home tech support partner service without disclosing the minute you call them, or are transferred to them, you will hear the many ways they can save you money in the long run with a years subscription.  Sound familiar to anyone?  The very company that told me this stated they are in no way affiliated with Hughes and don't have any idea why Hughes refers people there except they aren't qualified to deal with it themselves.  That is what the Hughes person on the phone told me themselves.  They aren't qualified to deal with the issues.  If you are going to use another service to refer people to, at least be honest enough to inform them right up front that charges will occur if you accept their help.  They were at least helpful, after I already spent the 60.00 to receive help Hughes Net can't give.  I just want to know if I will be charged for cancelling my service or not.  I am serious about this.  I don't like being deceived.

How charming Mr. Hall.  Thank you for all the understanding.  I have been "helping myself" since my husband passed away sir.  You know, maybe that's why I will fight things like this deception.  Now, I am willing to go away and leave you alone as long as Hughes is not going to charge me for cancellation fees.  I have tried to be understanding for long enough.  I have spent hour upon hour trying to understand, be nice, take all the jerking around calls, transferred to everyone but the president of Hughes and yes, now I am through.  I came on here asking a simple question.  If I cancel, will I be charged.  I have the right to ask this very reasonable question and if that disturbs you or puts me in the category "stubborn" so be it. 

I am a Vietnam Vet and don’t give a damn about hughesnet but it is all I have where I live.  If I had another choice I would go there but I don't so I suck it up and do what I can.

My husband too was a Vietnam vet.  What does that have to do with the problem at hand?  I am asking a simple question, to which I still do not have an answer.  My husband died of cancer thanks to agent orange sir.  I have been sucking it up for years.  My children have nobody to fight for what is right but their mom.  I am sure you are a very intelligent person, and while I thank you sincerely for your service, I assure you, I did try to suck it up, but Hughes has made it impossible for me to continue with them.  Still waiting for an answer from Hughes...all I want to know is are you going to impose charges on me or not.
Associate Professor