cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Cuddlebug ask: My husband too was a Vietnam vet.  What does that have to do with the problem at hand?

Simple It is the Teamwork Attitude the team is trying to help; you refuse the help; so pay your ETF and quit.

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Hi cuddlebug,

I see you have already called in this morning about your cancellation concerns. According to the notes, despite the ETF charges being valid, we've offered to waive half your ETF and that you would call back with your final decision.

To clarify, when we determine that the HughesNet system is working, there isn't anything for us to address. However, we don't leave our customers hanging if they're having network concerns, this is why any issues outside of the HughesNet system may be addressed by our Home Tech Support partner. This is why you were transferred to HTS, for them to address your Netgear router concerns.

HughesNet provides internet much like the electric company provides electricity. When one's surge protector seems to be malfunctioning, one would inquire with the surge protector's manufacturer for help, not the electric company. This is why our phone agents have suggested in the past to check with Netgear regarding your router inquiries.

Our account management team awaits your decision, please call at your convenience. Don't hesitate to post back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hello Liz.  Sorry for the late reply.  I appreciate you addressing this issue.  I am fully aware of what Hughes offered to do.  As explained to them in the conversation, I don't have 310.00 to give to them just like that.  That is why I said I would have to get back with them.  I have to get the money together just like anyone else would unless they are wealthy.  I also understand why they informed me they would not be able to address the issue with the box, but this was not explained in the initial setup of equipment.  For those of us who are not computer whiz, this can be confusing.  I will call back to Hughes as quickly as possible, but please see my latest question.  At this point I am looking to June 2016 before leaving and moving to our new home.  I have a question posted about that on the board.  I would appreciate your feedback.  I am simply looking for answers right now and weighing my options.  Thank you once again for your response

Hi cuddlebug, 

No worries, I've responded to your other thread. I can understand that transitioning to a new system can be confusing, and we're constantly trying to make this process more clear to new subscribers. So thank you for your feedback, I can use your case as an example when I make the recommendation that we remind newcomers about what is and is not considered part of the HughesNet system. Technically this is on our legal site, but it's a lot to sort through and a lot of people don't bother reading the entire thing:
Home Networking

Home networking equipment is not included with your HughesNet system. For network setup, support, and configuration, contact your network hardware manufacturer and/or operating system software developer. (Hughes is not responsible for home network configuration or management).

Feel free to post back if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Cuddlebug, I wish you were closer. I am a disabled woman so my time is only limited by disease flares and family. I would have made the time to come by and help you set up and understand the system. I have a soft spot for widows and widowers especially. My mother died when I was eight, and I was a single mom (divorce, no child support or other financial help) of two sons for seven years. Married a single dad of four sons who raised them alone for seventeen years. When you are trying to just keep body and soul together and worrying over what your kids miss, something like electronics (or mechanical stuff or plumbing; thank God for a daddy who raised me to be self-sufficient!), can seem overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with them.

If by chance this is still going on and you are located in west central Missouri, I am willing to help.

Hello Lisa,

Unfortunately, in this case anyway, I live in Michigan.  A bit of a distance for either of us I'm afraid.  I so appreciate your kindness in my situation.  I wish you did live closer to me, I'm sure we would become fast friends.  I only wish there was another way of chatting with you.

Honorary Alumnus

Cuddlebug & Lisa J

You both could join the Shack and then use the PM system there.

You will also find some familiar names there: myself, sgoshe, Charles M and Charles S.

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/

Thanks Gwalk, will give it a try...

cuddlebug
i have had hughesnet for over a year now and am still having the same problem as you. i call eery mth and have replaced my modem and router at least 2 times. still the same results. slow even the day after reset. when we call they say everything is working good. i have done many speed test and slower that dial up 99.5% of the time.
Freshman

Well, I went and signed up as Lisa J. I figured it would be easier to find me if I stayed consistent.

Cuddlebug, I got frustrated by this system my second month and I knew how to avoid subnetting conflicts and secure my own router. If you are less informed about how this stuff works, it can seem crazy to figure it all out. When I read some of the complaints on here, I imagine my husband (who can't figure out text messaging on his smart phone) if he ordered an internet package with wireless router install and something didn't work right.
My speed issue was solved by finding another complaint thread about the same model router as mine and someone recommending third-party firmware for it. When I asked a question in my own thread about routers and speed, it didn't occur to anyone to make the same recommendation to me - I found it myself.

So it can take some tinkering. My router's stock firmware design got a little messed up by the inherent latency in satellite internet and slowed down client throughput to compensate. You could be running into issues like that. Since you are working, in a way, with two providers, Hughes, who only provides your internet signal and modem, and the installer and router manufacturer on the other side, it has to be frustrating. I am kind of lucky in that I expected Hughes to only provide the internet part, and expected to create and run my own network. I don't have the complication of not knowing for sure what causes my issues and who to deal with for them. If it isn't Hughes issue, then something after their responsibility ends (the modem is where they end and the installer, router manufacturer, etc., or me, in my case... where that picks up. Your experience was someone showed up and put the system in as a contractor for Hughes, so it feels and looks like it is all Hughes. I can understand why you would be frustrated and just "want Hughes to fix it" - from your experience, the installation and ordering was all Hughes, so it would make sense that problems are all theirs, too.

Maybe we should add something about explaining the installation process to new customers in that one post asking for ideas.