cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Associate Professor

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Honorary Alumnus

Re: I am very dissatisfied with HughesNet's excuses. Tell me one thing, do another...that the policy?

Burrrrrr, winter !
I live right on the lakeshore of west Michigan ...., wow do we know winter.

Hi cuddlebug,

What a drastic change in attitude in such a short time span!! Good for you on doing your homework and learning how to manage and get the most out of a limited data system. Also, kudos for encouraging others to cooperate with those trying to help everyone get on the right track.

Hey Gwalk

I know what you mean I went to High School in Michigan by Lake Huron.  Up there the seasons are June, July, August, and Winter.  I'll stay in Oklahoma
Advanced Tutor

When you look at the total number -- 70 gb's...you think you're really getting a great deal until you realize that half-way through the month your 20 gbs are long gone and even after 30 days you haven't used up even half of your "bonus" 50 gb's...so it's like false advertising...you think you're getting something, which actually all you're getting is short-changed and bamboozled.
Hughesnet's data plans are what they are. If you can find something better, then go for it. Otherwise, you can learn to get the most out of what you have. Most computers can be set to do their updates during off hours. Mine are set to 3 AM. I have several customers who are on the computer at 5 AM. There are several download schedulers that can move large downloads (even streaming video) to off hours for later playback.

Those 70 GBs - You can use 'em or lose 'em. 

Try Verizon's "10 Gigantic Gigs for only $80/mo." That's 10 GB total per month, not 10 + 50.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com