Hughesnet Community

I beleive my Hughesnet Account has been compromised!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyellis1
Freshman

I beleive my Hughesnet Account has been compromised!!!

I have contacted Hughesnet on several occasions to change my service plan back to the 50 GB after noticing it had changed to the 30 GB plan, because I never consented for it to be changed. I find out after contacting Hughesnet numerous times that my service plan has been changed so much that my account has been locked. I haven't changed my plan since I started out on Gen 5 but maybe once or twice. Please someone chime in on how this can be fixed. I have done everything I know to do to get it changed back, but no one seems to know how.

7 REPLIES 7
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Once your account has been locked to a service plan, it stays locked for a period of time.  This is done to prevent abuse to get free data.  Not much you can do other than talk to who ever in your household is changing your data plan.

Amanda

Hello coreyellis1,

How did you notice the change? I see that we have multiple requests on your account for a service plan change, usually via Chat Support. Is there anyone else in the home who would have access to your account number? The amount of service plan changes does not reset when upgrading to Gen5. There has been approximately 20 service changes from the 30GB to the 50GB, back and forth, since the upgrade to Gen5 was done. It is also possible some of these changes were done on the Support Center website rather than with an agent. 

Amanda

I went on 192.168.0.1 to check my signal strength as I usually do this time of the year on and off for a couple of weeks to see if the trees sprouting out was affecting my signal, just to rule out any future troubles. I do the same with my DIRECTV system. I can tell you this, I personally have not contacted hughesnet that many times via chat. Is there anything that can be done to get me back on my 50 GB plan and have noted on my account that under no circumstances should my account be handled online via chat support. Is there a way that I can put some sort of passcode on my account to prevent any unauthorized changes? 

Hi coreyellis1,

We currently do not have a PIN system set up, but I can reach out to our billing team to ensure that the service plan cannot be changed out of the 30GB. Let me discuss options with them and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Amanda

Coreyellis1,

Please send me a private message with a passcode or PIN that I can put at the top of your account. I will provide further details on how this will work once I've got that.

Thanks

Amanda

I just sent you a private message, please let me know when you got it, Thanks.

Hi Coreyellis, yes I've received it.