Hughesnet Community

I can Not update Apple IPhone and watch !!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsegg

I can Not update Apple IPhone and watch !!!!!

I still can't update and verify my IPhone and watch using wifi. I still have to use my phone data!!!! I have all my data and upgraded and it doesn't work any better.
13 REPLIES 13
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not trying to be smart, only trying to help short term. Since both are portable, I'd take them to library or other hot spot and update them.

Do hope they figure out what the issues with Apple updates are. They seem to have some kind of configuration that doesn't play well with satellite.
rsegg1

As I stated in my conversation, I updated them using my ATT data
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Only suggested the alternatives in case you were concerned about using too much cell data. Again, hope they figure out the issue.
rsegg1

I also just ran a speed test for download. I was getting 2.67. This is rediculus, since I have the highest speed package, that is not any better than the one I started out with. Amanda needs to contact me ASAP!
Chris11
Alum

Hello rsegg1,

Thanks for posting. Is there a specific time when this happens? Morning, afternoon, or night?

- Chris
rsegg1

Anytime of the day. I have tried at midnight before
rsegg1

I also am having dropped calls and poor reception with house phone. People can't hear me and there is a delay from start of conversation. I had a rural internet at my previous address and it had better connection and speed and much cheaper than HughesNet. I hadno problem updating Apple products!!!
Chris11
Alum

Hi rsegg,

Let me consult with some engineers about this and get back to you. In the mean time, please try power cycling your modem and router. This may alleviate what your experiencing.

- Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi rsegg,

Based on the review we've done on your site. I think it is best that we send out a tech to take a look at your site. What is a good day and time for you next week?

- Chris
rsegg1

Tuesday, January 10 anytime. Will I be charged for this?
Chris11
Alum

Hi rsegg1,

I apologize. I was out sick yesterday. Did not see this until now. Is another day this week possible?

- Chris
rsegg1

Wednesday the 11 or Friday 13 I will be home. I have run some download tests and here is a copy
Chris11
Alum

Hello rsegg,

Unfortunately it seems all of the slot are taken for this week. The soonest I could reserve a spot was for Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If this day doesn't work for you give us a call here 1-866-347-3292 to reschedule.

Thanks,
Chris