cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

Re: I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

I can connect through the router (Belkin G54/N150).  I have a brand new Acer computer that is running Windows 8.1.  It worked for a few days when I got the new computer, then the connection to my pc stopped.  I called Hughes Net, they gave me some more data and it worked for a few days and has now been out again for about 5 days.  During the whole time, I have had wifi on both my Kindle and Chromebook.  When I click on the network icon in the tray, it says there is no connection and then I open Networks, View Connection Settings, Connections, Broadband Connection, that is where it keeps asking me to put in a username and password.  

Re: I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

Advanced Tutor

If that's a username and password dialog to connect to your wireless router, it's unlike any dialog box I've ever seen.

Are you seeing this when you initially try to log into your computer, and before you try to connect to your wireless connection?

Exactly where are you clicking on your computer screen to generate that dialog box???
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Advanced Tutor

I agree, it looks like a computer log in, not a wireless connection log in.

It's not to connect to the Wireless, it is the Internet Connection on my PC.  Clicking by the clock where it says No Internet Connection.  It only comes up if I click on the network icon.
Advanced Tutor

For sure, that's your computer log in. You'll need to ask whoever set up your computer for your user name and password, or select another user if another user is available. Not a HughesNet issue:

Similar example:
Honorary Alumnus

I skipped Win8/8.1 but it looks like the wrong "network type" may have been selected when trying to setup/join the network.

You don't want a "domain" type of network.

I set it up and it still doesn't work with my username and password that I created.  Thanks for your thoughts!
Advanced Tutor

Agreed.

When I put in my windows username and password, it says Error 651:  The modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.