cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

Highlighted

Re: I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

When I go into Networks, the only thing I see is set up a VPN.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Re: I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address

I'd say you need to get a computer geek onsite to set up your computer. Without screenshots, we could spend hours back and forth trying to diagnose a non-hughesNet log-in problem.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Rebecca,

A router has two "parts":

#1: the username and password that act as a "gate" to the routers internal setup and permissions pages.

#2: the "passkey" or "passphrase" that is generated with the router when you set up the wireless encryption method.

After generating the wireless key within the router, you then copy the passkey/passphrase into the computer/device at the time of connection.

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Looks like she may be using a VPN, or trying to log into a remote desktop:

http://windows.wonderhowto.com/how-to/your-complete-guide-using-remote-desktop-microsoft-surface-and...

Domain credentials are usually part of a business network login, not a home computer login.

Beyond my pay grade.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Appears something glitched, got changed accidentally or an update changed the credentials. Will do some searching but certainly have no idea how to fix it at this point except maybe doing a system reset, refresh or repair install.

Rebecca, when you initially set up the system and went through all the questions did you say it was a domain account you were connecting to?
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Well, we're pretty far afield from the original topic; "I can not sign in the the Hughes Net site because I do not have a Hughes Net e-mail address"
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Yea, the way I'm reading it she can't sign on to her computer.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Well, lets get back to "network basics" here:

Connect the  computer directly to the modem by wire:

Then, enter 192.168.0.1 into a browser .... do you get the modems SCC  ?

yes/no ?

Next, enter www.msn.com

Do you connect to msn ?

Yes/no ?

Lets establish that and then continue.

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

I don't think she can even get into her computer to launch a browser?
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

So she can get to the desktop? Guess I'm confused again as to what is actually going on. This stuff is so much easier when sitting in front of the offending computer.  Smiley Happy