cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get HughesNet to work with my router

Honorary Alumnus

Re: I can't get HughesNet to work with my router

And is incomplete as it lacks links to the major Router manufactures, it lacks any details as to the risks of WPS, Remote Access, Wireless Encryption levels and so on and so forth that no one really wants to read anyway.

Smiley Sad

Hi hilgar,

Thank you for your post. How long have you been experiencing this? Has your system ever worked with that router or playstation console? Let me know!

Thanks
Amanda

I have been experiencing this since I've had HughsNet. From day one HughsNet has never worked with my router.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Post screenshots of your routers settings.
Post a picture of the connection between the rear of the modem and a picture of the rear of the connected router
Honorary Alumnus

Make sure the modems LAN port is connected to the routers WAN (internet) port and wired devices are connected to the routers LAN ports.

Hi Hilgar,

If it has never worked, but your first post is true that the computer works when connected directly to the modem, we may just have a configuration issue on the router. Have you talked to the router manufacturer to discuss setup? Like others have mentioned, it could simply be an IP address conflict. We want to make sure that your router's IP address is preferably 192.168.1.1 - some routers come default as 192.168.0.1, but that is the address that our HughesNet modems use and this causes problems with some routers. They most likely are compatible, but will just need a little tweaking on the router side. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help! 

Thanks
Amanda

I fixed mine by replacing my CAT5 cable. Still haven't found one that is sturdy enough to last more than a year in my busy all boys household. Changing the cable from your Hughes modem to router you will see a difference in your home network.  Everybody changes everything else but I never heard of anyone replacing their CAT5 cable from modem to router fixing any problems.  But it works for my problems usually