Hughesnet Community

I feel I was cheated and misled by the sales perseon when getting me to sign up.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenngianna71905

I feel I was cheated and misled by the sales perseon when getting me to sign up.

I feel I was cheated and misled by the sales perseon when getting me to sign up. The service that we are getting any paying for is nothing at all what he said we would be getting for our money and useage. I had a faily long conversation about what our needs were going to be and was just told everthing I wanted to hear. I took notes during our conversation to make sure I remember, and when I called tech support for slow service was told we already used all our data and I was incommoded what we were actually getting and it was not even close to what I was told from the sales person!!! I feel baited and switched just to get me to sign up. I will be telling Direct Tv whom was part of the bundle my issue as well.   😞
5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Hi Jenn

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We're extremely sorry that you feel this way and will do what we can to help. I was able to locate your account by your e-mail and have found the point of sale for your service. We will request the call be review for the points you made here and will return with a response as soon as we receive it. I appreciate your patience.

Thank you
Amanda
dgbouscal
New Poster

Reading the many, many, comments like this one makes me wonder what folks are about. I learned as a youngster that salespersons are there to hook, and that one must READ THE CONTRACT before signing. The reasponsibility is upon the subscriber, not the salesperson, to verify all the nitty gritty of an agreement.  Understand that when you are signing one of these agreements it is for 1 or 2 years, and to take an hour or 2 to understand what you are signing. I one does not understand the a $50 trip to your family attorney should do the trick. I do understand how incredibly frustrating HughesNet can be, with performance all over the map, data disappearing, and just plain weird. I have gone from 20MB down to 1 MB down withing a given streaming. I have come to just ignore the foibles, taking time in the garden when speeds are in the toilet.  Living in the mountains of NE Washington State where I do, I have a choice WildBlue, HUghes or dialup. After many years of WildBlue and now 3 with Hughes I find them both can be infuriating at times with their seeming  incompetence and non-caring attitude. But hey, it's only the interweb, not life vital issues.  Bottom line, when one signs a contract, no one is responsible for misunderstandings but the signer.  Hope things pick up. It is a constant battle to maintain effective performance, work with the reps, they do an adequate job, eventually. 
bdvvdd12

I live in Snohomish, not too far from Seattle and I love it out here. I've gone camping in Soap lake before, it is fantastic up there, Mosquitoes kinda sucked at the time.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

"I've gone camping in Soap lake ........" , hope you had SCUBA gear. Sorry Brandon I couldn't resist.  🙂
Amanda

Hello Jenn

We did receive a reply on your sales call already...
After reviewing the call, this customers complaint is
valid.  The agent states that with the Prime Plus plan, they can expect
around 30 hours of standard definition streaming a month.  Additionally,
the customer does state that their daughter plays call of duty, to which the
agent responds that the customer would be at a disadvantage playing the game,
but does not state that it will be unplayable.  This agent will be coached
to correctly address the customers usage habits, and make the correct
recommendations moving forward.

I hope our findings are equal to your expectation... With that said, we understand our agent was incorrect and have absolutely no problem paying for this mistake. I will happily offer you the ability to cancel your service with no early termination fees. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Thank you

Amanda