cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

I feel ripped off! At the beginning of my contract I was told I would have 60gb of data. Then I'm told I only get 10 during the day and the rest between 2am & 8am. Plus I can't watch Netflix. Most people I know who have Netflix can watch all they want and still have data....why not here????? That's the main reason I got hughesnet was to watch movies.
20 REPLIES 20

Re: I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

Really?? Thats your answer as to why they tell us, before we sign that 2yr contract, that we can watch Netflix. They lied about the whole thing to us and im sure everybody else too. Im also sure that they're underhanded and illegal practices will eventually put hughesnet out of bussiness.
Untill then...sit back, grit your teeth and enjoy the sound of those dueling banjos playing....everytime your e-mail squeeeeeeals with another complaint.
Like bill put so eloquently. ....its all you've got, you just have to learn to make the best of it. Smiley Happy
Bill, you're a $#&$!
Assistant Professor

Re: I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

My wife and I watch Netflix just fine set to low definition. Looks ok on 32" TV and lower size screens. You should be able to watch about 25-30 hours a month (low definition) with 10 GB plan depending on what else you are doing online.

But no, you can't watch as much as you want 24/7. It is a capped service same as cell phone data plans.

Hello there Musicman65

Thank you for your post and explaining your situation. If you'd like, I might be able to get your sales call reviewed or review it myself if you felt that you were incorrectly educated about data and our recommendations/sales policy for explaining streaming services.
With that said, you cannot watch as many streaming shows or movies and you want since it is a limited service for people with limited options, but you can still watch Netflix if you keep an eye on how much you're actually using (leaving a show on while you fold laundry and wash dishes probably isn't a great idea) but a movie night with the family is definitely something you can do. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks
Amanda

Still no answer on why we can't have our 50gb during the day. After all, we are paying for it we should be able to use it when we want it. Really guys....I don't know about most people.....but between the hours of 2am and 8am I'm usually sleeping.
Assistant Professor

The truth is what you're really paying for is the daytime data plan you sign up for, the 2-8 AM is standard allowance across the board. It is not what the plan cost is based upon.

You never answered Amanda about wanting your sales call reviewed.
Associate Professor

Highlighted

Thanks all for your replies. Mordacious I was NOT aware of the usage until after I was signed up....because of an outside source. And your answer was rather crass. If you don't know all the facts then please keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you in advance. You all are correct about me not answering Amanda. That will be taken care of immediately.

Thank you Amanda, it was from an outside source that signed me up. After I agreed to the contract is when I was informed of data usage.. Thank you for your answer. I really still don't understand except that's just the way it is. I enjoy what I can do, but do wish i coulld do more. Thank you again Amanda.

you are blessed, We get 10g anytime and10g bonus, was 15 bonus.  All of that for the same price as customers that receive 60g/month.  Been customer since 2009.