cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

Re: I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

They switched us out to the HT1100 when tech support stated that programming would need to be completed at their end to keep our HN7000S working correctly.  This month hughes changed our allowance from 10/15 to 10/10.  They further state we have always been on the 10/10 plan.
Assistant Professor

Re: I feel ripped off! I can't vwatch Netflix because it takes to much data. Why can't they reverse the usage rate. Gives us 50g during the day

Then you should be able to upgrade to 10/50 at no cost. Something doesn't sound right.

Sign into Dashboard: http://my.hughesnet.com/

Then Support tab and there should be a link for Upgrades, that should show you the plans available to you with 10/50 at the same price.

Yhey want $20.00 more/month.

Hi tecaworld

Looks like sgoshe was right.. It won't cost you anything to upgrade to the Prime Plus 10/50 plan at all AND you'll get SmartBrowsing automatically!  

Thanks
Amanda

Currently, the fee is $39.99, therefore the cost changes.  Yes it is only $20.00 (+Tax), unforuately at present that is an expense which can not be incurred.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Hughes.net is a joke! All they do is rip you off. Can't wait for my contract to be OVER.

Hi Tecaworld

Maybe I'm not understanding something right.. I do see you have a $20/month discount, so switching your plan would not stop that discount. You were on the Recovery Act program back in 2011 but we do not provide Recovery Act on the current service/equipment you have and therefore it was forfeited when you upgraded. I understand that for the past few years agents have been renewing your discount out of goodwill. Your current $20 discount is for 5 months.

Thank you 
Amanda

How do ya get one of those life time $20 a month coupons??? Smiley Happy lmbo, wish they could do that for everyone

This seems to be a common complaint for Hughes sales. I was told that the 60GB of data was anytime usage as well during my signup. Only after I was in restricted mode and calling did that tell me that I only had 10 GB anytime.  In fact I was told that because of the area that I lived in, everybody had 60GB anytime data.  A lie as it turns out.  Wildblue is no better.