Hughesnet Community

I forwarded my land line to my Hugesnet phone number

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clarkkentsmom

I forwarded my land line to my Hugesnet phone number

I forwarded my land line to my Hugesnet phone number  and I somehow was able to create a greeting in that mailbox (?). I made a test call to my business line, it did get forwarded and it played my business greeting,  however, I am unable to figure out how to retrieve that message and there is no call record that I could find of that message.
9 REPLIES 9
Mordacious

The way my voicemail for Hughes Voice is set up all voice mails are sent to the email address I have associated with the voicemail box. I would assume that your voicemail would work the same way. Then again, we all know what happens when you assume. But I figured it was a place to start.
clarkkentsmom

Thank you! Right, I do have the voicemail forwarding to one of my email accounts.  I I know what is going on.  I have an at&t messaging service attached to that business land line that picked up the message (I totally forgot about that). I need to experiment with number of rings before that service picks up that line and set for more rings....needing to experiment a bit.
Mordacious

Getting the rings set so that 2 voicemail systems will work and play well with each other can be a job. Glad I was able to help out a bit. Good luck.
clarkkentsmom

yep, I know it'll take some doing.  Thanks for your quick response 🙂
Liz

Hi clarkkentsmom (love the name, BTW),

Welcome and thanks for posting! Nice to see that one of our community members already helped you out. Glad to hear you figured out what was happening with your forwarded calls/messages. Feel free to post back if you have any other concerns about your HughesNet services!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

deb_franmac

I would like to know how to retrieve voicemail messages by phone not email. My husband is home all day to answer the phone but if we're gone & haven't forwarded the phone & a call comes in is there a way to retrieve messages other than email which I feel is totally ridiculous. Some people like my husband aren't " computer savy". How can we get them??
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Here is link to the manual, page 45 starts the voicemail section: http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide/
bensonrhodes

Hi I am new to Hughes network, and was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me how long it took to get an old number ported ? Thank you in advance
Liz

Hi bensonrhodes,

Welcome and thanks for posting! It takes 10 business days to port a number after the port request has been submitted. For more details, please read: http://voice.hughesnet.com/porting/

If you still have concerns with your HughesNet Voice service, please scroll up and click on the New Post button to start your own thread and include a case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number located on the back/bottom so we can locate your account and get started.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!