cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a HT 1000 that drops connection 5-6 times a day. How can I get it replaced? Is an improved modem (HT 100?0 available.

waltertbriggs

I have a HT 1000 that drops connection 5-6 times a day. How can I get it replaced? Is an improved modem (HT 100?0 available.

I have a HT 1000 that drops connection 5-6 times a day. How can I get it replaced? I understand ther is an improved modem (HT 100?0 available.
8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Re: I have a HT 1000 that drops connection 5-6 times a day. How can I get it replaced? Is an improved modem (HT 100?0 available.

Good morning Walter,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Yes, let's definitely get you the HT1100 to see if that resolves that connectivity concern of yours. You can use the same box it comes in to return your HT1000; the return label will be in the outer pouch.

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: I have a HT 1000 that drops connection 5-6 times a day. How can I get it replaced? Is an improved modem (HT 100?0 available.

Just to be clear, never remove/insert the DIN connector while the modem is powered up.

Hard resets of the modem should always be done from either the wall receptacle or the power brick.

Be sure that the DIN connector is fully seated. On some modems it goes in VERY hard.

Mordacious

What I said.... ONLY BETTER

Thanks for that visual Gwalk, I'm sure it explains it much clearer. A picture is worth a thousand words.
waltertbriggs

Dear Liz, I have received the replacement modem, in fact, TWO of them. All dropout problems have gone away. I did not realize that a replacement would be sent as a result of my post so I had a CHAT session with a rep and she sent me a modem too! How should I return the unopened HT1100?

[edited e-mail address for your privacy and safety]
Mordacious

Walter

There should be a return label in the modem box just like the one for the modem you opened. Just slap it on the box and send it back.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Look inside the shipping label plastic envelope on the outside of the box.
Mordacious

Couldn't remember where the label was

Have a doggie cookie

Liz

Good morning Walter,

Thanks for the update, glad to see the modem replacement did away with your connectivity concern! As the others have suggested, you can just use the return label in the outer pouch of that other modem you received to send it back.

Also, for future reference for anyone else who happens to know they are about to receive a modem they don't actually need, refusing the delivery apparently works as well. The modem will just be returned to us automatically for delivery refusals.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!