cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a large speed variance. My download speed ranges from 2.5 to 20.

I have a large speed variance. My download speed ranges from 2.5 to 20.

I have a large speed variance. My download speed ranges from 2.5 to 20. Tech support says I have a program eating my bandwidth. This variance happen in safe mode with no wi-fi devices enabled. They happen within the same hour. The problem was escalated, but I have never gotten a call back. Any ideas of what to say to tech support the next time I call? (Oh, no trees blocking the receiver, no birds sitting on the dish). It does not have to do with data allowance and It happens when I am directly connected to the Hughes modem.
2 REPLIES 2
Assistant Professor

Re: I have a large speed variance. My download speed ranges from 2.5 to 20.

Suzanne, is this happening mostly during peak times as in the evenings and on weekends? If so, depending on your beam and gateway loading it could be something that is not correctable immediately. They are constantly tweaking the system for the best possible balancing and it can take a bit of time to focus on your particular beam and gateway.
Alum

Re: I have a large speed variance. My download speed ranges from 2.5 to 20.

Hello Suzanne,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I do see everything documented by our tech support team when you were escalated to advance support. There was a scheduled call back for you and our techs have tried to reach you 3 times since the beginning of the month. The 1st, the 6th, and the 9th. Messages were left with a call back number and pin. Is there something that came up within that time period? We can always re-escalate your case, however we would need a new set of speed tests for our engineers. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris