cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been having problems with wifi use

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: I have been having problems with wifi use

I just ran a test and my download was 3.1Mbps.  I tried one 24 minutes ago and finally stopped it as it was taking too long, but I imagine it would have been under 1Mbps. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Will say something seems to have changed since the recent gateway problems. Haven't seen peak time speeds this low for quite some time.

I've noticed significant nighttime slowdown.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

BirdDog,

My peak speeds are often this low, but I'd rather just deal with it than have them try to do something to fix it and end up having it affect my fantastic off peak speeds.  LOL.  But, even with my peak speeds being this low, I don't really see any negative effects when browsing, only when I have to download something, so it doesn't really bother me.   

On the flipside, I have seen my off peak speeds increase a tad since the gateway problem.  Odd.  LOL. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Tamisha

I just had to plug my laptop directly into the modem, because of my wifi routers would not connect to the internet. I have a Linksys and a Windstream and haven't had any issues with connections on either of them until a few hours ago. I have no clue what the problem is.. any ideas?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Don't know if at all related but Netflix has a notice up about having problems with some Samsung devices:

Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

What we'll need to get this escalated to our engineers is a few more tests. Please take some time over the weekend to run more tests and post them here. Always use 12 MB as the test size and directly connect. A few in batches throughout the day. Once we have the results, and if they are continuing to be low, I'll send them up so our team can work directly on your site. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Hope you had a great weekend. Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to run the tests I suggested?

- Chris
garyandkimsunde

Chris, I was out of town and couldn't run the tests.  I will do so over the coming weekend.
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

That's fine. Have a good one.

- Chris
garyandkimsunde