Hughesnet Community

I have been having problems with wifi use

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garyandkimsunde

I have been having problems with wifi use

I have been having problems with wifi use on a Samsung Galaxy 5 and an iPhone 5SE. We seem to have a lot of issues watching video clips on Facebook. They stop after a few seconds then start 1-2 seconds later. I have plenty of data right now and we upgraded to another data plan about a month ago to see if it would fix the issues, but it didn't. Any thoughts on what to do to fix this issue? This is my test speed this morning from my computer. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/53... --download of 24.6 & 0.86 upload. Not sure if that is good or not. I ran the test on my phone and got these results: download 19.08 with upload of 2.61 (I ran this test about 20 minutes after the first one). Any thoughts on how to make the wifi more effective on the phones? When we switch to the network, we don't have the same streaming issues.
72 REPLIES 72
garyandkimsunde
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Okay.  The link works, but there is no record of any tests done with that account.  Have you done any tests under that account yet? 

If you just set that account up, you need to start doing some tests while signed in to that account.  If you aren't signed in while you do them, no record of the tests will be kept. 

garyandkimsunde
GabeU

Good.  That will help a rep with your issue. 
garyandkimsunde

So how will I know that they have looked at my test and their thoughts on it?
GabeU

Hopefully someone will see it soon. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Thanks for posting with your speed test results. Those are definitely low, especially for our Ultra plan. We'll be escalating your case with these results to our engineers. We'll work to get this resolved. You have plenty of bandwidth left over. Please continue to run some speed tests. With the link you provided the engineers will be able to continue seeing your results. Always make sure to use 12MB as the test size and have only one computer directly connected to the modem when running tests. Once I have some feedback I will give you an update.

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

thanks
Chris11
Alum

Hello garyandkimsunderland,

Just an update. Our engineers are still running tests on your site. You will see some usage on your account from tests that they will be running. However all data used will be given back though token bytes. Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

Any updates?  I've been out of town and just checked to see if there was anything new.  It looks like it has been a week since the last update.
Thanks!
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Yes I just received an update today. Our engineers have scheduled some changes to go into effect later this week and throughout next week. You should start to see some improvement along the way. In this time period continue to use the service normally. Update me here as we go, so that I can keep them in the loop with your progress. 

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

should i periodically run some speed tests and pass on the results?
Chris11
Alum

Hello garyandkimsunderland,

Yes that would be great. 

Thanks,
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Just wanted to check up on you to see if you noticed any improvement in service since my last post. I hope everything is working much better for you now. Looking forward to your reply

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

I've been out of town.  Just ran this test.
http://testmy.net/quickstats/soannoyed
GabeU

Just for future reference, when you are doing the upload tests, use the manual 2MB size, but the 12MB size for download is right. 

There's nothing wrong with the upload tests the way you ran them, and they will give just as much info as if they were run with the 2MB size.  It's just that the 2MB size is adequate and recommended for the upload tests, and anything more would just be using more data than is needed.  Just trying to save you some data.   

Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Can you run a few more recent tests for us?

Thanks,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

I will run a test for the next 24 hrs.  I've been out of town and am now back for awhile.
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Thanks for getting back to me. I see 2 tests run on the 30th. If you don't mind running a few more. Just want to make sure everything has averaged out and shows a clear improvement. My engineer contact is also waiting for an update on this for reference. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde
Chris11
Alum

Hello garyankimsunderland,

I still only see the two recent tests on the 30th. As long as you're experiencing improved performance you should be good to go. I'll let the engineers know everything is working normally.

Thanks,
Chris