Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been having problems with wifi use

Chris11
Alum

Re: I have been having problems with wifi use

Hi garyandkimsunderland,

Thanks for getting back to me. I see 2 tests run on the 30th. If you don't mind running a few more. Just want to make sure everything has averaged out and shows a clear improvement. My engineer contact is also waiting for an update on this for reference. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

Chris11
Alum

Hello garyankimsunderland,

I still only see the two recent tests on the 30th. As long as you're experiencing improved performance you should be good to go. I'll let the engineers know everything is working normally.

Thanks,
Chris
garyandkimsunde

This week has been really bad.  I'm going to run some more tests.  Prior weeks have been so.  I've been in and out of town and very busy so I haven't been able to run them sooner.  This morning is REALLY bad.  I can't even get the test site to load and the hughes site took forever.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

There has been some weather issues affecting some Gateway locations.

Take a look at the modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 and see if you have any active error codes or conditions.

Are the icons marked as #1 and #2 both green ?

garyandkimsunde

No.  #1 is orange and #2 is green.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Orange is telling you that you are in FAP. That is too say that you have used all of your monthly alloted data for the usage period in question. and therefore your sppeds have been "throttled".
garyandkimsunde

looks like we are out of data...was surprised by this as we watch ver little on the wifi but just found out my kid has been watching about 4 music videos a day or more which must be where all the data went.
Chris11
Alum

Hi garyandkim,

Glad to hear you were able to find the cause. I'm sure your system should be working normally while there is data to use.

- Chris
garyandkimsunde

Here is my most recent test...how does this compare to what I should expect?
http://testmy.net/quickstats/soannoyed