cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been out of the home for over a month. Internet shows use despite modem being unplugged from power. Bill increasing. Why??

Re: I have been out of the home for over a month. Internet shows use despite modem being unplugged from power. Bill increasing. Why??

Therefore, how is it NOT abnormal activity, if nothing is connected to power? It is nothing BUT abnormal.

Re: I have been out of the home for over a month. Internet shows use despite modem being unplugged from power. Bill increasing. Why??

Hello lnrdchurch,

I see what's happening now, what you're seeing now when you log into your Support Center and look at your usage, which is at 73% Anytime, is what your usage was when you initially unplugged the power from your modem a month ago. If the modem were to be plugged in today, it would catch up and update your usage in the support center. 

To double-check, I tried to run diagnostics on your site, and as expected, since the modem has no power, I was not able to communicate with your site. Then, I used a tool to check for historical usage on your site, and I can confirm that there has been no usage since August. 

So no worries, your internet has not been used since you left, it's just that the usage gauge in the support center cannot display updated info while the modem is powered down.

Please let me know if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

i will test this as soon as am able. if it doesnt change i will be in contact. i wont consider this solved until then

Around when will you be back? This way I can keep this thread open until then. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi lnrdchurch,

It's been almost a month since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz