cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been putting up with slow system now for over four months.

Re: I have been putting up with slow system now for over four months.

GabeU, I am not sure exactly what data Amanda was looking at. Poor thing, she is going to arrive in here and see her name tossed around all over the place! As for downloading unwanted movies, wouldn't I SEE something like that in my guide or on my TV? Then, this is the other factor to remember, which again, I have not started to investigate as of yet, because I Have a bit much on my plate. But, Seriously, and I do not have screen shots YET, my speed is too slow to download movies!
Highlighted

GWALK! how come my post to you didn't go all the way thru? Anyway... Again.. I will say it, you are NOT a broken record! You are the VOICE OF REASON!

GabeU, there is a post in my email, that I can't find here? You asked two questions..

Question one, the data usage on 3 days in July, YES, direct TV was connected. However, Direct TV, says that on those specific date, which I gave them, nothing was loading, upgrading, downloading etc. They did check for movies etc, that is when they discovered I have NEVER downloaded. No movies were downloaded.

Question two: currently my wifi is disconnected/disassociated with the direct TV and the TV thru the direct TV system itself? You have to walk thru the guide and there are ways to disconnect the wifi AND erase your password on a password protected network, like ours is. I did this with the direct tv tech. On my screen now, anytime I check, and I get periodic reminders, that my wifi is NOT connected. My TV is only connected thru the electric outlets and the Satalite cable from the wall.

the reason I wanted to answer your questions is I want to make sure and double sure the wifi is disconnected. I don't find any indication it is connected... But want to double make sure.

Thanks! Kim
Distinguished Professor IV

Kim,

With regard to the last post, I deleted the posts after I read more on the other thread, and consolidated other stuff, but I appreciate you taking the time to answer them. 

With regard to the films downloading through the internet when it's available, I'm going by what I've read on other sites on the topic, including DSL reports.  I've never experienced it myself as I don't have my DirecTV connected.

I tend to disagree with what DirecTV told you regarding nothing downloading, but only future downloads would answer that.

Amanda's a good egg and knows her stuff.  I was just curious what she was looking at.  They have all kinds of tools that we don't.

With those downloads being as large as they are, I'm just narrowing it down from the information received thus far and what I've read on other sites.  The info I read on those other sites could be entirely wrong.

Something used the data, and the only thing I can think of that could use THAT MUCH data is the DTV, unless the your devices did massive backups to the cloud.

Again, if this happens in the future, hopefully you will be able to catch it in action, so to speak, and finally determine what it is.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I agree! It continues to remain a mystery! At least when we play trivia, we get answers rather quickly! But this, is driving me nuts! Whatever it is.... We are watching.. And waiting... Kim