cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had Hughenet for 2months now

Honorary Alumnus

Re: I have had Hughenet for 2months now

To leave or not to leave ... that is the question !

I think I have Tbird set up to get mail from about six accounts. Each has its own "inbox", each can have customized sub-folders, each account can be "tuned" with a number of criteria. I also have a mix of POP3 and IMAP.

Distinguished Professor IV

That sounds perfect.  Seeing those other options answered a couple of other things I was wondering about, too. 

I was just trying to think of the last time I used an email app that downloaded messages to my computer.  It's been a LOOOOOOONG time, and it was using Outlook Express.  I've been using what was Hotmail since somewhere around 2000.  Ugh, now I'm feeling old again.  LOL. Smiley Happy

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Honorary Alumnus

I too have a Hotmail account.

The Hotmail account is set up to pull in not only its own traffic but also one of my Hughes addresses.

I can access that Hotmail/Hughes "import" via webmail and also in Thunderbird.

It all depends on what computer/device I'm using at the time.

Thanks for the above post, too. I've saved the link to it.  Complexities of a router.  It will be used in the future, I'm sure. 

When I post them I should add, "Courtesy of Gwalk900".  After all, it's your work. 

About the only thing I've come up with is what to adjust in Windows 10 to save data, and how to do it.  I need to reword it, but I'll add pictures, as well.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Honorary Alumnus

Complexities of a router

Most people overlook the fact that the Router itself  is a "user" to one degree or another.

They do check for updates, they are the backdoor for remote access, they do have control of WPS.

Assistant Professor

Me like pictures! Another nice write-up there Gwalk. : )

I didn't know you could do that with Hotmail/Outlook.  I don't really have another email address that I would pull from, but if I ever do and I need to, I'll remember that.

I have a Hughesnet email address, of course, but I don't use it.  I'm sure it's filled with hundreds of replies from the boards.  I'll clean it out at some point, like I did about a  month ago. It's okay, though, as if there's ever a problem with Outlook, at least I can see the replies there and maybe even start using it for other things.

Heck, if I start using Thunderbird I may very well start using the Hughesnet email as it won't be such a pain to use in having to sign into it every time.  With that said, though, I would actually need a reason to use it, which I don't have at this point.  Just as a redundancy, I guess. 

Me like pictures!

ROFLMAO!  I love it.

Gwalk's giving me all kinds of great posts to copy from.  I sure am glad there's no copyright issues involved, or even a usage fee!  LOL. 

Honorary Alumnus

I'm sure it's filled with hundreds of replies from the boards

Some of those replies may make ready-to-go support replies if properly organized.

Hello mkelly147,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I see you've already gotten started on getting help with other customers. Just curious, how many iPhones and iPads are connected to wireless?  What are the normal activities that happen in the house on those devices? For example youtube, downloading books, listening to music, FaceTime, etc.. It helps to know a bit about the normal usage of the people in the network rather than what the device might use on its own!

Thanks,
Amanda