cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have intermittent green then yellow degraded service. I have HN9000. No weather related events. What could be the cause of this?

I have intermittent green then yellow degraded service. I have HN9000. No weather related events. What could be the cause of this?

For the past few weeks to months I have experienced lots of DNS errors and now in past few days a yellow degradation . I have HN9000 modem. What could be causing these issues? 
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I have intermittent green then yellow degraded service. I have HN9000. No weather related events. What could be the cause of this?

Hi martlin,

Welcome to our community. I was able to locate your account and see we had a technician scheduled to visit your site on the 10th but the work order is still open. Have you had that visit yet? 

Sometimes bad weather at the gateway can interfere with your connection. Gateways are ground-based centers that relay your connection from the satellite and if they have bad weather, this could affect you. We've placed them in part of the US that experience less severe weather, but of course sometimes cannot be helped. Your gateway is located in Amarillo, TX. 

I also see that you are on a Gen3 service plan with no IP address. Is there a particular reason you have not made the switch to Gen4 and upgraded your equipment? We have some really great offers, especially since you've been a customer for over 10 years! 

Thanks

Amanda
Alum

Re: I have intermittent green then yellow degraded service. I have HN9000. No weather related events. What could be the cause of this?

Hi martlin,

Its been a few days since your original post. We'd love to help you address your concerns. Hopefully we hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris