cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have only have my service a few days and it's VERY SLOW

I have only have my service a few days and it's VERY SLOW

Just got this service and have it connect directly to Xbox for Netflix until we get a router....yet speeds are so slow just running the one device. Should I go ahead and back out now or does it get better??? For the amount I will be paying a month it seems ridiculous to continue this headache if it's always like this...I have gen4 also
5 REPLIES 5

Re: I have only have my service a few days and it's VERY SLOW

It will only get worse

But I was promised at least a 10whatever those letters are behind it speed...I was lied to

The actual speed is NOT promised.  For my needs, it is fine. Videos don't buffer on Gen4. I get a LOT of video, mostly YouTubes, but i derate them to 240 or even a fuzzy 144 if I can go that low.  Sometimes the service is slow, but unless you have other options, you CAN make it work IF you are very careful how you use Satellite HS internet.  

But when you go past 30 days, it will cost usually $400 ETF (early termination fee) to break the 2 year contract. 

Hope you do well.   

-Larry in NO. Idaho
Freshman

They can troubleshoot speed issues with you. I had speed issues and worked with them abbot a week. During the day, I get between 16 and 22 mbps. In the evenings, 2 to 6 mbps. User traffic will slow down your satellite connection. What other options do you have?
Alum

Good morning Christina,

I see this is your first post here so welcome to the community! We are sorry to hear of your experience with us thus far. To better assist you, please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your HughesNet modem. With this we'll be able to pull up your account and make sure everything is working properly. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris