cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have put up with hughesnet inferior service, high cost, less than poor customer service, and required contract for far too long.

I have put up with hughesnet inferior service, high cost, less than poor customer service, and required contract for far too long.

I have put up with hughesnet inferior service, high cost, less than poor customer service, and required contract for far too long. I am supposed to be getting 15mps and routinely average 3.5 mps, and on a good day it might hit 5mps. If the sky was at all cloudy, I might not get service at all. If it rained, forget about it. If I called up with a technical issue, the wait times were rediculous, and the nauseating robotic approach to getting at the problem was often to much to handle and when I did have the time and patience to deal with it, they were rarely helpful. They seemed incapable of refering back to the numerous other times I had called with the same issues and insisted on labouriously rehashing the exact same steps which were unhelpful the last time. I now have Sonic and am thrilled with the service all around. Fast, reliable, resonable rate, no contract. When I call up customer service I actually get a person that answers the phone and they know exactly my service, set up, and case and are able to help me immediatelyand more than satisfactorially(sp). When I canceled my service, hughesnet sent me a survey about my experience with them and it was pretty funny because it was as pathetically incabale of properly recording the reason for my dissatisfaction as hughesnet was at providing me service. Unfortunately no one at hughesnet gives a genuine care or can do anything about their shoddy service. This is not a stab at the many people that work there, they are just coggs in the system. Thank you for the opportunity to vent about a terrible 5 year relationship.
14 REPLIES 14
Assistant Professor

Re: I have put up with hughesnet inferior service, high cost, less than poor customer service, and required contract for far too long.

Your only statement I have issue with is this one:
Unfortunately no one at hughesnet gives a genuine care or can do anything about their shoddy
service. 
Definitely should have come here before when you were having problems.

Re: I have put up with hughesnet inferior service, high cost, less than poor customer service, and required contract for far too long.

AMEN !!!!!!!  for to get really live responses and members who cares we the community try to help others and Hughes-Net Reps to back us up  !!!   and wished you had came here first as a first line of defense in addressing your concerns but as far as you venting ,  LOL 111 you should hear our comments time to time as we try to help we do our best and Amanda and Liz both Hughes-Net Reps Can help most of the times but venting , yours was done mostly over the phone as i do not remember your name in here but i could be wrong but you do have a great day and the venting part ,,   everyone gets mad time to time !!!  we all are human but just in case you need us we would help all we can  , and again you do have a good day and thanks for reading this !!!!

As I said, I am not attempting to disparage anyone here or their efforts. I was just venting about an unconcerned company with horrible services . I spent many many hours on the phone with "tech" ( and I use that term loosely) support and they never suggested there might be another way to solve my issues. I never got any resolution to the incredibly slow speeds and intermitent service. I was never offered any compensation for the lack of service. When I finally got fed up and decided to cancel, I had to buy out my contract AND they wanted me to pay a cancelation fee. No company that is concerned about quality or their customers would treat people this way. I have found the exact opposite and more at Sonic and am thrilled with my fast reliable inexpensive service and I can pick up the phone at any time and get a real person who is not an automiton (sp) at anytime. I get phone and internet service for less than what hughnet was charging me for crappy internet alone.

Good morning Tom,

Welcome to the community and thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations, we do take your feedback seriously. I was able to pull up your old account so we will review your case history to see where we need improvements and take action to ensure this does not happen with other subscribers. We are constantly working to boost our service and support, and feedback like this do help in this process.

Glad to hear you're happy with your new ISP. If you have any other useful feedback for us, please don't hesitate to post back, we're all eyes and ears.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

They did let me know via email.  In fact, the email said 3 tokens for joining and such.  Haven't seen the tokens yet though!

well i was told the same, Firefoxx , too but did get one ,  but does not really bother me as i never run outta of data anyhow !!!
Highlighted

How are you two doing? I am having a good day and hope you all are too!!

doing great and you ? !!!
Honorary Alumnus

Well, it is there ... kind of:

Clicking HELP in SCC leads to:

Clicking Customer Care leads to:

That has a somewhat prominent link to the Community: