cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just received my ATA yesterday...it only had a "replacement guide" in the box. HELLLLP!!!!

I just received my ATA yesterday...it only had a "replacement guide" in the box. HELLLLP!!!!

I just received my ATA yesterday...it only had a "replacement guide" in the box. I tried following those instruction to no avail....only 2 lights come on. I've read some of the posts on here where you say to refer to http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide ...but when I clik on that, it's just a blank page. I do not have a home phone currently and cannot call from the house to resolve this. Can you please email me step by step detailed instructions on how to hook this up ASAP!!! I will try to call customer support tomorrow from work but a detailed visual would help!!
10 REPLIES 10
Alum

Re: I just received my ATA yesterday...it only had a "replacement guide" in the box. HELLLLP!!!!

Hello Nancy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for putting this to our attention. We definitely want to address this concern. Could you please post one of the following -  a recent case number, full name of the account holder, or serial number of your modem so that we may look into this?

- Warren

Re: I just received my ATA yesterday...it only had a "replacement guide" in the box. HELLLLP!!!!

Recent case number is:  44607196.  Full name is Nancy McCaskill.  Thank you!
Alum

Nancy,

Thanks for your patience. We were able to locate your site. The link to the install guide is in fact correct, but it refers to a link to a PDF of the guide. If your computer does not have a PDF reader, it probably wont show on your screen. Emailing will not help much if you don't have the software on your PC or Mac.

Just in case you don't have one , here's a free one by Adobe, which is pretty good. http://get.adobe.com/reader/

We went ahead and also ran diagnostics which look pretty good. Hope this link works.
Looking forward to your feedback from you.

-Warren

I spoke to one of your representatives today who explained how to hook up my ATA...Now I get the following error message:  "Error HSC012You are attempting to activate an ATA which has previously been used to try to activate another account. This MAC address is now associated with that account, and cannot be used to activate this account. Please use a new ATA to activate this account, or call Hughes Customer Service for assistance to disassociate this ATA from the previous account. Code HSC012"  I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! PLEASE HELP!  Does this mean you sent me someone else's ATA??????????????????  If so, this is SO WRONG!  You shouldn't send out wrong ATAs!!!  It says I have to get another one?  Does that mean I have to wait AGAIN for another one?  
Alum

Nancy,

Thanks for the reply and we appreciate your patience. You will not have to get another ATA, as this issue can be fixed on our end. We went ahead and escalated this issue, but we will need the MAC address from your computer.

Can you email the MAC address in question to us at: communitysupport@hughes.com
Attn: Warren

We will get this resolved for you! Thanks for your cooperation.

- Warren
Assistant Professor

Warren, sorry to jump in but wouldn't it be the MAC address of the ATA that they need, not her computer?
Alum

Sgoshe,

Sorry and yes. Will clarify.. Thanks !

- Warren
Alum

Nancy,

Just to be clear, we need the MAC address from your ATA, not your computer. The MAC address you received from the error message is the one you can send to the email address provided above.

Sorry for the confusion. We will await for your reply.

- Warren

Warren, I was able to get the situation resolved today via telephone.  The ATA was disassociated from the other account and assigned to me.  Thank you for your prompt responses on this issue.