cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want out!!!!!

New Poster

I just want out!!!!!

I am having the worst time with this service. I have called in so many times because of slow speeds even when I had data. I have turned off everything in my house but my Dish hopper. I cannot get the speeds I want when I do have data my Netflix is buffering all the time, YouTube videos. I have called in so many times and yesterday I was told the engineers were on vacation. Please just let me out. I've had my modem changed out and I'm just done please. You have not kept up your end of the deal, I am very unsatisfied so please let me out.
11 REPLIES
Professor

Re: I just want out!!!!!

@julzmonteena

First things first.  Do you presently have data or are you out of data and subject to FAP?  This matters regarding the next step to take.  

With regard to the buffering with Netflix, are you trying to stream in HD?  If so, have you tried turning off (or pausing) the Video Data Saver?  Also, are you utilizing Netflix through your Hopper or an app on your TV, or through your computer?  

How are you testing your speed?  Are you doing so through WiFi or with an Ethernet cable connected device?  Also, if the latter, are you disabling the WiFi when doing so?  

Lastly, this is a different avenue of receiving help than through the phone.  Different people altogether.  Also, though the phone reps may have told you this, I highly doubt that all of the engineers would be out on vacation at the same time.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I have done everything you have suggested. And I highly doubt they were all out on vacation as well, but that is what I was told. I keep getting told , " wait let's fix the problem". For 2 months I have dealt with this and I'm just tired of it. I have tested my speeds every single time I speak to anyone.
Professor

@julzmonteena

Actually, most of what was in my reply were questions, not suggestions.  They were questions to start helping you.  

But, regarding the speed issue, the reps are going to need speed tests to be run.  I'll post the instructions for the speed tests below, but if you are out of data don't bother running them, as you need to have data to run them.  If you do have data I suggest running them, and in the method laid out, as the reps will need results to be able to help you.  If you've already run some of the tests, and in the method laid out in the instructions, please post your results URL so the reps can see them.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the manual 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx.  The test size should be 25MB, not the 12MB size in the instructions.  

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

"I have tested my speeds every single time I speak to anyone."

The engineers will need a record of the tests you run. The best way to keep a record is by creating a free account with Testmy.net  and running all your tests there.  Testmy will save your tests and they can be seen at any time on the results page. It will look like this:  https://testmy.net/quickstats/c0rr0sive

The last word in that URL is the username, so when you open your account, your username will be there instead of C0rr0sive's. 

The saved tests will show the date and time they were run, the speed results, and other information, and all of it helps the people who are trying to help you.  The engineers ask for this information, and they need it or they can't help you,  it's as simple as that.  GabeU has given you instructions on how to run the tests, and now the ball's in your court.

New Poster

There is no point in trying to get help to make the service better, It's satellite, this is as good as it gets. Customer service won't help because at their end they see nothing wrong, it's because that is the service they offer. Not sure why they sell data plans, makes no difference if you have or not, you can't tell when you run out hence why they always ask their number one question "Do you have any data remaining?". To make my long story short, I was told for my slow service is because I live in a deadzone.... I wouldn't have service at that point but I realised this was the techs way of telling me he was done

Assistant Professor

"Not sure why they sell data plans, makes no difference if you have or not, you can't tell when you run out hence why they always ask their number one question "Do you have any data remaining?"

They ask because it does make a difference, your perception notwithstanding.  If you have data and your speeds are the same as when you are out of data, then you have a problem that ought to be addressed in order to be solved.  It is your choice to address it, or to give up and keep using a malfunctioning system. 

Hello julzmonteena, Once you get those results posted I will take a look at them and escalate them if necessary.

Professor

@SuperSnowflake

If you need help with your service, please start a new topic.  Please do not hijack another customer's thread with completely unhelpful nonsense.  

New Poster

You are so completely rude. Useless information.? Do you work for Hughes