I keep getting error when sending HughesNet emails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SanLan
Sophomore

I keep getting error when sending HughesNet emails

While trying to send emails from my HughesNet account to several different people, it seems to take forever to send. 

(No attachments in emails or very small attachments).

Sometimes the emails go through after a while and mostly I am getting this error box:

“An unknown error. (mail.TRY_AGAIN) has occurred.

There are buttons that say “Send Error Report” “Show Details” “OK”

If the email does NOT go through, it just saves the email to my drafts folder.

Is anyone else having this issue? It has been happening for the past 2-3 days.

10 REPLIES 10
kmiller184188
Spectator

Having same issue, none of my hughesnet emails are going to outlook or phone

kmiller184188
Spectator

Same issue. If I log in to Hughesnet, I can see emails but none are making it to my outlook or phone apps. We have 4 hughesnet emails and none are working since about midnight

I have the same problem for last several days. No idea what is going on. Support is non-existent.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet staff on this site is on M-F during business hours -- they'll look into this and get back to you all, and I'm sure it'd help if they had more details, such as time this happens, what exact error messages you get, what platform you're using, etc. 

Kendo
New Poster

Same here. Occurs for more than one HughesNet email and on more than one computer on our home network. Sometimes the message is Pop server unavailable, sometimes it is to contact ISP, verify password, etc. I have tried repairing my emails in Outlook. A few times that worked, other times it continued to fail. In my mind, clearly an unreliable email server at  hughesnet

UPDATES on my end…

Just yesterday, I started having problems logging in to my HughesNet webmail email on my iMac desktop computer. It kept saying I had the wrong password (I did not have the wrong password and did not forget it or spell it wrong, did not change it, etc.). I was finally able to login in, but then it would not let me send any emails out.

Late last night, I noticed I was having problems getting my HughesNet email on my iPhone. It was saying the same thing (wrong password) and then started saying “Cannot Get Mail. The mail server “mail.hughes.net” is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings.”

I had not been having any problems with email on phone and had not changed anything. (I am not using wifi on my phone - I am using my cellular data).

Last night after trying to send an email from my computer, I clicked on the “Send Error Report” button. Not sure where that report goes to?

***I just tried again to send the email that would not go through and it went through right away. Fingers crossed it is fixed? Not sure if sending that report through helped fix my issues?

I'm not sure if my issues are the same. Ever since this morning I am receiving one of 4 differect errors. All on my iPhone. First, Oulook asks me to sign in, I will then receive an error that says; can not connect to server, or is says; no secure connection, check server settings or it errors to check username and password. No setting have been changed in two years and has always functioned properly.

I then began a support ticket with Microsoft Outlook for iOS. I sent them screen shots of the errors and they have just put it up another level and it occured to me that the other accounts I have in outlook work just fine and that it may be Hughesnet.

Please advise

They know the current setup is broken and I believe they were (unsuccessfully) working a replacement email solution last week. Hang tight, everyone.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though this isn't a fix and it helps no one right now, I would make the recommendation that people create at least a backup email with one of the free providers, like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook, then gradually migrate to using such.  It's also good to have such due to the inability to take your HughesNet email with you if you leave the service, unlike those free emails mentioned, which you can continue to use no matter what ISP you're with.  

Also, ISP provided email is gradually going by the wayside.  I don't know that HughesNet has any plans to close their email service, but it wouldn't surprise me if this happens sometime in the future.  Actually, I expect it to eventually happen. 

Again, this doesn't help with the current situation, but it's something to think about.

Just an update, it appears that Hughes Net email through outlook or what ever email app you use is functioning again.