cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know many have posted this before, but SOMETHING is eating my data!! Like HUGE amounts!

Re: I know many have posted this before, but SOMETHING is eating my data!! Like HUGE amounts!

see, I didn't plug my router back in till after 3pm....

Re: I know many have posted this before, but SOMETHING is eating my data!! Like HUGE amounts!

"said cabinet being filled with breakable items, I tend to steer clear of it."  hahahahaha, so you know my pain brother!  Yeah, I don't go near the china cabinet full of my mother in law and grandmother in law's knick knacks... I fear for my life and my marriage too much hehe. The main question is WHY do the installers all seem to like to locate the box so near such items??
Honorary Alumnus

Well, in my case I have only myself to kick.
I long ago ran my own coax, inside the walls and up into the attic.
My desk used to be located right there but after a major kitcken and dining room remodel I was evicted from that area.
I would have to pull all new coax inside the walls, new wall plates .. oh boy. Easier to just go wireless, until there is a problem.

Warren,
Can you pull up the error logs for the time period in question to prove a LAN disconnect in the 11am to 3pm time frame ?
Alum

John,

Thanks for your reply. We verified no 13.1.1 codes during that timeframe on the 18th. You were in FAP, which would explain the recent slow speeds. We went ahead and gave you complimentary tokens to free you for a bit.

- Warren

Read my story - I have been fighting this for months.  Every time you turn around they will tell you a different way of tracking your data loss - Not needed the Tech people can see what you are doing, they are just trying to get you to give up.  You should read some of the post they have written on my site - They separate us so there is no power in numbers.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/unidentified_data_usage-pg5su?utm_source=notifica...

Interesting... I wasn't in fap at the time, went into fap at some point the next day and I never complained about slow speed Smiley Wink.  Not sure what a 13.1.1 code is, but if that's the one that says theres snow blocking the dish,  that happened on the 16th, not the 18th.. if, however, that's the "lan unplugged" code.. then that is REALLY interesting, because that means I have someone to search and destroy.. aka someone who would plug in the cord, knowing I was testing something, and unplug it again before I asked for it to be plugged in... and THAT is a BIG problem.  So please get back to me on whether I need to take someone out to the woodshed.  Thanks for the token,  That's cool and all... but what I actually asked for was to be upgraded.  Luckily, my daughter has had some kind of weird mandatory testing so all her teachers have been doing that for the last week and a half so she hasn't had to do her live learning.. which is why we still have some mb off that token... however, she goes back to school tomorrow, and that token will be gonzo in the first day or so, and we have almost a week before our reset.. ya know what, nevermind, we will see how far we can get since it IS only one week... We will unplug the lan every night and maybe  we can get it to last, if not, hey tokens are probably cheaper than the prorated monthly fees so.  And it would be such a waste, all those gigs in less than a week, no way we could use them up lol.  Might be fun to try though Smiley Wink LOL  Get back to me on those codes though!
Honorary Alumnus

John,

a 13.1.1 code is a LAN "disconnected" code.

You can view the time period of the "disconnect" here:

The "system time" is in "UTC" format so you will need to apply an "offset" so that you can adjust it your local time.

here is how:

Network UTC time to local:

There are many times when dealing with a Hughesnet issue that the time of an occurrence is important.
There are several places in the Modem SCC such as the State Code Monitor, Hourly Diagnostic display and the Event & Restart Log files that contain valuable information but is time stamped in UTC rather than the more familiar EST or EDT.

UTC is 24-hour time, which begins at 0:00 at Midnight, 12:00 is Noon, 13:00 is 1 p.m., 14:00 is 2 p.m, and so until 23:59 which is 11:59 p.m.
UTC is based on 0 degrees longitude and we as Hughes users are concerned with Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time zones so a correction "offset" needs to be applied.
The size of that "offset" is dependent upon two things. First what Time Zone is "Local" for us and second is Daylight Savings Time being observed locally.

UTC "offsets":

STANDARD TIME
EST = Eastern Standard Time (UTC - 5 hours)
CST = Central Standard Time (UTC - 6 hours)
MST = Mountain Standard Time (UTC - 7 hours)
PST = Pacific Standard Time (UTC - 8 hours)

DST Offsets
 EDT = Eastern Daylight Time (UTC - 4 hours)        
CDT = Central Daylight Time (UTC - 5 hours)
MDT = Mountain Daylight Time (UTC - 6 hours)
PDT = Pacific Daylight Time (UTC - 7 hours)

The hours that the LAN cable is disconnected (13.1.1 error code) will be shown in the LAN category I have boxed in red near the bottom.

That "display" is a rolling 24 hr display.

Doesn't the explanations make your head explode!  What if other consumer products were that difficult to understand can you imagine what the FCC and FTC would do?  I still wonder why Hughes gets away with it.
Honorary Alumnus

Denise,

What do you find so complex about a red check (or lack of) in a box ?

I'm also sure that both the FCC and FTC are aware of the concepts of time zones not only in the continental US but world wide.

Certainly you can grasp the fact that when it is 12 noon and the sun is directly over your head, it can't also be 12 noon in say .... Moscow, half a world a way.