Hughesnet Community

I lose service all the time.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whw8383

I lose service all the time.

I lose service all the time.The transmit light, The receive light and the system light anyone of them or all of them go out. And it has nothing to due with the weather it can be a nice clear sunny day or even a nice clear star filled night. There is nothing around the dish to block the signal. This has been going on now for over a month I loose service for up to 12 hours at a time and have spent up to 6 hours on the phone with tech's getting the run around. they have told me there is nothing wrong with my system yet all the lights are out. I have even been told that the reason I didn't have service was because the gateway was having bad weather. I have had a service tech come to my home twice in the last month. The first time he told me he didn't know what the reason was that i was having problems. So he changed the ground block and also replaced the cable end at the dish then told me that if i still had problems to have Hughesnet change the modem out.I got to looking and noticed that when he changed the ground block he didn't reground it. The second time he came out he replaced the modem is all he did. I am still having the same problem. So because of these problems I have been watching every thing very close. Here are 3 of the case # 101560227,101634103,101718675 and here are some of the system state codes i have been getting 11.3.1, 12.1.9, 12.2.2, 30.1.1, 22.3.10, 22.1.1 22.2.2, 3.1.1, 11.2.5,11.2.1, 24.1.2, 21.1.2, 22.2.1, 12.1.3 I lost service for 7hours last night and now as I am writing this post I have no service again. Also I have been looking back and for the last 3 months and noticed that my data has been running out fast and I am not doing any differently then i was in the past. And then I noticed that when I get service back I use more data. Now one thing I found very interesting was when I walked in yesterday and all the lights that i have been say would go out were blinking very fast. I am still trying to understand that one because the computer for one was not on in fact the computer was not even plug in to the modem or to the wall outlet for power. I will post this once I have service again. But I can tell you now if this problem is not fixed soon I will be looking for another internet provider and that is hard for me to say after all the years I have been here.I started this post at 7am cst it is now 9:20am cst after calling service support again and reinstalling system twice i am able to finish this post.
9 REPLIES 9
Amanda

Good morning whw8383

We're really sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble lately. I would be more than happy to take a look at your system and see what is going on. I was able to locate your account and am now pulling everything up. I will do a full analysis, let you know my findings and next steps to come to a resolution. 

For reference..
Regarding the modem lights, they do blink on their own which is normal. The bottom Power light will turn red when overheated. The System light will blink or go out completely if no connection to the gateway is available (gateway weather, outage, etc). If the Receive, Transmit & LAN are blinking in any order or rhythm that is totally normal. If the Receive or Transmit lights are out this is an indication that there is a very low or no signal coming to or from the dish outside, or coaxial cable is disconnected/cut somewhere. Of course this is a general guide but there can be other anomalies as there are with technology 🙂

I appreciate your patience while I look into your concerns.

Thank you
Amanda
whw8383

Thank you and I do understand that the light blink when in use. But what I am talking about is they go off and stay off for hours at a time and i have no service at all when this happens.
Amanda

Hi whw8383,

After some trouble I was able to get some diagnostics pulled up. It looks like you have a bad line of sight, but looking at the  latest photos of what the dish "sees", the view is very clear. I suspect there may be either a source value mismatch (your system is trying to work at the wrong settings) or a bad transmitter. 

To knock around the settings and get you on our latest service plan, I'll be switching you to our Max plan. It offers the same Anytime data, but you'll get 50GB of Bonus Bytes (2-8AM) and our SmartBrowsing technology (lets you browse websites pretty quickly even if you run out of data, may decrease your need to buy tokens) . Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you got an email about service changes and charges. There will not be any additional charge for this and no renewal of your contract... totally no strings attached. 🙂

It should take a minute or two to go through. Once it is done I will monitor your system and see if the radio transmitter needs to be replaced after all. 

Thank you
Amanda
whw8383

Thank you
Amanda

Hi whw8383

Thanks for waiting. I really tried to get it working but just looks like that poor radio transmitter is struggling. I would like to send a tech out to replace it, but understand you've had some trouble getting things done right with the tech who went last month. I'm going to call the distribution office and see if we can find someone else to go out, if not we will be sure to let the tech know that the order is being made by the corporate office.

Of course the visit will be free of charge and again, no strings attached. Please let me know what your best available days/times are for a tech to come by.

Amanda
whw8383

I can be available any time for the tech to come out.
Amanda

Hi whw8383

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for tomorrow morning between 8AM-11AM. I spoke with our North American department of installations and let them know the situation. There is no other technician who services your area, but clear instructions will be provided to ensure this visit goes smoothly.  Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you
Amanda
whw8383

ok And again Thank you very much for all your help.
Amanda

Hi whw8383

Just checking in to see if that dispatch fixed your connectivity drop outs 🙂 Any news?

Amanda