cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m at a loss here...

Associate Professor

Re: I’m at a loss here...

This is the procedure you get with other providers as well, such as Xfinity and Verizon Wireless, to name just two.  Hughesnet did not invent this procedure to torment you -- it's what's done so they can figure out what's wrong with your system.

@ml520wrote:

This is a common problem that many, many people are having with Hughes. You'll be asked to run test after test, told that "engineering" is investigating, maybe even have your dish repointed to a different satellite if you complain enough. In the end, months later, you'll have the same horrible service. Have a look around the forum, see that you're not alone, then do yourself a favor and cancel your service while you can still do so without having to pay the $400 early termination fee. If you have any options for Internet other than Hughes, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration and head banging if you avail yourself of them now.

Sophomore

Funny that you said what is wrong with your system when CLEARLY it is a HughesNet problem. I have Verizon wireless and have never been asked to do all of these tricks to get it to work.  

Associate Professor

I have Verizon wireless too -- they had me run a lot of tests when the speed was not up to par.  Not an unusual thing, going by the Verizon support forums.  I have had to run tests a few times, when I've contacted them.  Same happens with Xfinity. This is the way all of these companies troubleshoot to determine whether the problem is on their end or on the user's end. And it can be one or the other.

Sophomore

I just wish I could hear of a HughesNet customer that was happy with the service.  I don’t know of any. 

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

@Wudrestwrote:

I just wish I could hear of a HughesNet customer that was happy with the service.  I don’t know of any. 

I am happy with my HN service. But I also know it has limits. I had to learn to stay within those limits.

Associate Professor

I've been happy with the service for over 12 years. 

Sophomore

It does have limitations.  I comparable to dial up.  When they sold it to me it was supposed to be fast.  Nobody ever said it is ok as long as you don’t want to watch videos.

Freshman

I understand satellite ISP’s have limitations, but I’m comparing it to the old dish net system that I had before.. The salesman told me that the gen5 would outperform my old system in every way, at this point I’m just hoping to god it will do what my old system could after they get it “fixed”.
Sophomore

If you can document that you are not recieving contracted services the best wont help them
Sophomore

I was provided 20 days last april when i signed up this was what i was told and know it to be true because that was as long as my service was good for lol