cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm calling 'BS' on your meter

Re: I'm calling 'BS' on your meter

A line like this, "Let us not also forget that Win8/8.1 treats wireless connection differently than the same machine connected to the modem directly or thru a router but thru one of its wired LAN ports."  makes me glad I use Linux Mint as my primary OS
Honorary Alumnus

Kubuntu here on another hard drive.
I have been meaning to try Mint again. I was always limited by caps but now with 100GB to "spend", hummmmm.

The new Mint 17.1 code name Rebecca  is unbelievable fast, secure, and versatile  it is menu driven resembles XP as well as Terminal.  Any more I only use my Windows 7 partition for my website maintenance only because most of the software I have for it wont run in WINE if it did I would say bye bye to Windows altogether. 
Assistant Professor

Mint 17.1 with Cinnamon GUI is sweet!

Oh yea I really like the Cinnamon Desktop I have been using it for quite some time I started with Mint 12 Cinnamon.  I did test run MATE for a while but came back to Cinnamon.  I did try Ubuntu but didn't care for the desktop at all.

I basically troll the same eight sites all day. I don’t download but if I knew I was going to, I’d do it at night during the added bonus times of the cycle so it doesn’t eat into my regular viewing.

but the point I’m saying is that the same sites and time that I’m looking at today, is the same as the beginning of the month, yet there goes 1% in the past hour today. 1% at the beginning of the month takes a week to blow off.

I don’t trust any company that sells me a service that tells me what I’m supposedly using / then saying I used too much / so come buy more tokens to then get your service going again. Who is watching the cookie jar and telling the truth on how many cookies I’ve eaten vs their profits of me buying more cookies. 

Honorary Alumnus

What you are not grasping is ...... those eight websites utilize ONE "port", port 80 to access the web content one those eight websites ... ONE PORT ... your computer has 65,536 ports.
How do you KNOW what, if anything, they are doing ? After all, you refuse to look past the end of your finger tips ....., you refuse to troubleshoot.
Easier to just go into denial and place the blame elsewhere isn't it ?
Advanced Tutor

Thomas
I'm a simple man as you are. I was where you are just a month ago. I had to learn trust the people on the forum. They are some of the best. Gwalk900 taught me how to get my system running , even though I don't understand everything he tells me. My system is running as well as it can. Just do your self a favor, listen & they might help you more than you think.
Honorary Alumnus

Reggie,

On behalf of myself, Sgoshe, Charles, Charles S., Alan & any others I missed, Thank You.

Computers and networking in general can be frustrating .... Hughesnet in its many plan and platform variations can be downright frustrating & mysterious.

Assistant Professor

Gwalk, I think you are being very generous. The help Reggie got was 99.9% from you and your wonderful graphics.  Smiley Happy