cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

I'm doing horrible at conserving data :(

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: I'm doing horrible at conserving data :(

@usersince2016 

Your "not a rant" complaint helps the OP in no way whatsoever.  They've accepted the fact that HughesNet has limitations in comparison to ground based services and are asking for advice on how to perform specific activities.  If you want to complain, have the respect to do so either on other complaint threads or use social media and leave threads from those who are asking about how to do something to just that.  Complain elsewhere.  Not here.  

There's always got to be someone who disrupts a helpful and informative thread with their complaint(s).  SMH.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor I

Yes, you have to learn how to use the technology, just like with any technology.  And no, you're not becoming a super tech, you're becoming a savvy user who knows how to get the most out of the technology that's available. 

Be thankful that a company wants to sell you broadband in rural areas.  Comcast and others can't be bothered with that. 

And you have the choice to move to where the offerings are more to your liking.  Free country, at least at the moment. 

usersince2016 wrote:

Sounds like we are having to go around our elbows to get somewhere with this...

So because we can't get highspeed cable where we live we have to suffer and become super techs just to watch 

streaming movies... 

Freshman

Hello guys,

I'm vary happy with my choice in internet provider. (To the complainer)
It's not their fault I'm no good at conserving data. I'm just happy I still have internet with out any extra charges. And everyone has been very supportive and given helpful hints. I'm trying to educate myself and learning to conserve.
But anyways... Eye roll.
Moving on now play on cloud where is YouTube ? I can't find it on there. Smiley Sad I can't find a search engine to search for it. oh I don't have a computer or laptop. I use to know how to burn CDs but Lord that was when we had dial up aol lol I'm old.
I will figure this out. Determination!! There is always a salutation to a problem. 😁

I just checked, and YouTube has been removed from the list of available channels.  Smiley Sad

Freshman

Maratsade,
Thank you for trying it's appreciated very much. I'm thinking since YouTube is offering their own TV and other stuff that's why they took it down?. That's just my thoughts.
I mean I'm totally out of high speed data (key words high speed) I still have internet for those who need reassuring like I did. πŸ˜ƒ Everything is still working just fine in my opinion. Don't flip out like I did just get educated. Ok moving on..
So I will further research and see what I can find/figure out. I will share if I come across any thing worth while.
Determination is key!!

They had YouTube as one of the channels last October. I downloaded a documentary then, and it worked just fine, but maybe they did take it out of the lineup because YT now has its own service.  

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

I just checked, and YouTube has been removed from the list of available channels.  Smiley Sad

Oh wow.  That's not cool!  Don't get me wrong, I didn't use Youtube very much with PlayOn Cloud, but there are sometimes things on Youtube that you can't find anywhere else.  

A few months back I recorded "The Day After" from Youtube because I couldn't find it anywhere else and I hadn't seen it since it originally played on TV and scared the living heck out of everyone.  

Hopefully they'll add it back in at some point.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I recorded a documentary less than 4 months ago.  I don't know why they dropped it, and PlayOn aren't very transparent with anything they do, so we may never know. I'd like to see YT on the list again too, even if I hardly ever record from it.  I also hope they don't drop the channels I use the most; otherwise I'll have a whole bunch of credits and nowhere to use them.

@GabeU wrote:

Oh wow.  That's not cool!  Don't get me wrong, I didn't use Youtube very much with PlayOn Cloud, but there are sometimes things on Youtube that you can't find anywhere else.  

A few months back I recorded "The Day After" from Youtube because I couldn't find it anywhere else and I hadn't seen it since it originally played on TV and scared the living heck out of everyone.  

Hopefully they'll add it back in at some point.  

Freshman

Hey guys!!
Just wanted to drop in say hello. It's been a while since my last post. Been busy busy with my kiddos. But happy to report even tho I'm so in the red on data and have 38% left of my 2am to 8 am data left things are still working just fine. I have 6 days left till I renew so I'll try to drop in and let u guys know how bad or good I'll do this go around.
Thanks so much for your support!!

You've got this, Eva! Do come back and let us know how you did.