cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in Hughesnet Hell.

Re: I'm in Hughesnet Hell.

Morgan, maybe not , one of our Reps.-Hughes-Net checks your call review and find that you were lied to , then maybe you will have more options but if not , the members in this community can and help help you in guiding you into better computer settings and and warn you of what to steer clear of and advise you in other areas as in ad blocking as they gobble data too , there is too many areas to even mention in saving Data !!!   but unfortunately streaming movies and radio are gobblers !!!

I've read through many of these conversations over saving data and a ton don't apply to me. I stream videos through a Wii. We never have our computer on, as we just use our phones. Our phones have unlimited data through our phone company so they are also never connected to our Hughes net. I've checked and the wii can only run SD quality videos. Yet. The other day we watched ONE movie and it took 7% of our data. My Netflix settings claim with the quality we use it only takes .3gb an hour. The movie was just over an hour long. So its honestly a mystery as to why 7% of our data was gone. It doesn't add up. Our router is password protected as well so there is no chances that someone else is using it. Its all very frustrating.

Where do I find a case # unfortunately if it is the number they gave me for the actual call, I did not have a pen handy and did not write it down.

Morgan look on the bottom of your modem And you will see the ESN no. -----Serial  number  and post that only , if you have no case no. and that will do it !!!!

I'm guessing this is the correct # it says s/n B3 0010285535 AA

That's it !!!!!

Okay. Thank you. Hopefully the call can be listened to because I believe I was told a couple things that weren't true.

It should not be long !!!!  but one thing in closing ,  when calling on the phone always retain that case number as in helping our Reps in pulling directly from your files as for  that moment  !!

Good morning Morgan,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting and providing your serial number, we were able to pull up your account. I see that the last support rep you spoke with did incorrectly advise you to use a download manager to stream movies during the Bonus Bytes period. We'll pass this on to that rep's management for additional coaching. 

We will also request a sales call review to see if the sales rep said something similarly.

In the meantime, we want to be sure the HughesNet modem isn't the source of any unidentified data usage, so please follow these steps:

Please take care in cropping out your SAN while taking the screenshots.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

You are right Christopher!! So informative you are! How's your morning going?