I'm not enjoying this

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HutsonFamily
New Poster

I'm not enjoying this

I work many hours through the week an off on the weekend but the engineers Hughes net have are only available through the 8-6 m-f. I need an engineer now not tomorrow or through the week I have many things going on i was forced to upgrade from 4 to 5 because the the top of the line an I am being forced to wait till Monday i am completely appalled. I still have no Internet after 2 years of service due to slow speeds. A new provider is knocking on the door. If the customer helper on the phones cant help what are there jobs beside saying we sent an email for an engineer but not a date or time what kind of secretary work is it. I am not saying they didn't try they really did so thanks. I understand there is a limit to what they can do an probably should do but if there are no one above or engineers to back them up when needed then there being forced into a brutality of upset customers trying to enjoy there weekend off instead of having to wright this i feel real sorry for the customer helpers if the ones above them are left to suffer it would be much appreciated to see what help i can receive asap as iv been told a few times today. 

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Is your main issue slow speeds?  To get speed issues escalated to the corporate reps, people are normally asked to follow the steps outlined here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

If you have other issues, please provide details. 

As for a new provider, it is your choice to go with whomever you want. If you think the new provider will be better, then maybe you should choose to go with them.  Are you still under contract with HN?  If so, there may be an early termination fee. 

The phone reps are the first line of response for issues and they can only do so much.  In general, the HN staff on this site is not available on weekends.  I don't know about the engineers.  The HN staff on this site will be back on Monday and someone will get back to you.  

Exactly my point im paying for 25 mbps and im only receiving 8 mbps some times less as i have been promised for over a week with the new upgrades i shouldn't be having problems by the following weekend. If a doctor was to do surgery on a patience and then turns around an says that i forgot to attache something would you honestly be okay going back in an waist more time energy an money to sit around until they fixed the problem that should of been done the right way to begin with. Yes i am under contract for the Internet as my contract also states I shale receive for what is pay for an nothing else i don't plan on extraditing more for less money i just stated it be nice to even receive enough Internet to do the things i actually am paying for with a great technician staff to back there own claim how can i possible refer the provider if they cant even supply to one house let alone the other residences around me in the country setting that I live. I have no problem paying my bill that is not the problem I was directed to this site hoping for some answers or some one of knowledge that could point me in the direction to fix these problems as i said before i work many hours through the week an not very much time on the weekends to relax an enjoy what I pay for as im mostly on the go.

maratsade

The service agreement specifies the speed is not guaranteed and lists several things that can cause the speed to be less than the max. When you buy a car, it comes with a sticker that tells you the mileage per gallon, but very often you get less, though sometimes you get the same mileage stated, and sometimes even a bit more. Same with ISPs. 

Surgeons sometimes have to go in again to repair something or perform more procedures. It happens, whether the patient is happy about it or not. Your expectations don't manipulate reality; they have to adapt to reality. 

You were directed to this site for answers, and you are getting answers, though maybe not the ones you'd like to get, and that can't be helped. This is a tech support site, and troubleshooting is required.

So if speeds are your issue, please follow the instructions in the article, and give people here (subscribers and HN staff) the opportunity to help you figure out how to maximize your network.  We all want to help, but we can't if you don't do your part. 

...unless they'd rather pay for an impromptu, rather expensive, user-requested tech visit.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

And probably not prioritised, right?  I'm not sure how this works. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

...unless they'd rather pay for an impromptu, rather expensive, user-requested tech visit.

Good morning HutsonFamily,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. As maratsade pointed out, please follow the instructions in the link, and post your results URL here in your thread so we can evaluate the performance you're seeing. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I understand your fustrations.  I have been paying for services I have not received since I signed up, in December. I am in the process of cancelling as I refuse to deal with them anymore after calling and being told someone came out, when no one ever came out. They also tell me it is being used and I have to use my data on my phone and mobile hotspot to have internet in my house.  Then I was told my neighbor went through this for 2 yrs, just not to pay the early disconnect fee.  I promise you I will be fighting that with B.B.B., every other complaint department and legal if neccessary.  They promised a service that they are not providing.

Yes i also understand your frustrations COMPLETELY! This service has caused us more stress than i ever wouldve imagined. In the 8 months that we've had this service its been nothing but problem after problem after problem. We've reported the issues, requested help, requested a service call, asked for them to even just run a check, ANYTHING to please help (being since the way it sits today is the exact way it was set up by technician. EXACTLY) us but to absolutely no avail. Our account is always current
& the obvious(weather & cords/ wires) is always considered before ive reached out to them as i know they,like me, are very busy. The most ive gotten from them was the somewhat automated response that they will email or conntact technical/technician and someone will be in touch. Its been Months... still waiting... & still having the same problems & more since Day 2 of installation. Using wifi here all depends on how long you can hold your breath & not move an inch while standing in front of the router. that is IF you connect & STAY CONNECTED for longer then 1 minute at time. My job is online & i cannot stand right in front of the router 24/7 (&why should i even have too? I pay my bill) so i do like you & have to fork out a triple cell phone bill in order to be online in any other room i gave up trying to get it fixed, i dont even call them anymore. Looking at the numbers of posts on each forum in this community i figure they KNOW the level of service they've put out there for us.
Pretty much just learning from this mistake & letting the contract wind down so we can move on.

Good morning HutsonFamily,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you with the requested information. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!