cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m over this

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m over this

I’ve had Hugh’s for over 2 months, paying over 100$ for 30 GB and it is gone within a week, can’t stream with out buffering every 2 mins, if it even lets me. I’m looking for a new provider because I can’t keep paying for nothing. Can’t watch movies on my Xbox 360, can’t play games, can’t browse the web like I would like to. I’m beyond frustrated. And I’m only streaming from one tv. 

10 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor II

Re: I’m over this

While streaming, are you streaming in HD, and if so, are you turning off (or pausing) the Video Data Saver?  If you are streaming in HD, remember that doing so uses a LOT of data.  HD with Netflix uses around 3GB per hour, and other services are probably similar in their data consumption.  Though people do stream with HughesNet, they do so conservatively, as it uses a lot of data.  Lowering the definition to SD, or even LD, would save a substantial amount of data.  

Regarding games, though some games do work with HughesNet, action games don't because of the latency.  Well, some may work, but the latency greatly affects one's ability to play them with any accuracy.  

When you say "can't browse the web like I would like to", are you alluding to an issue with browsing?  If so, what is the problem you are experiencing?   

Keep in mind that, if you cancel your service, you'll be subject to an Early Termination Fee.  At two months the ETF would be $400.  

Regarding your data being used up in a week, the following post may help....

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Something must be working to eat through 30 GB in a week. Like GabeU says, streaming in HD will use a lot of data very quickly. Also, if the Xbox is doing updates in the background, that will use a lot of data also.

Me too. I can’t wait for my contract to be over, unfortunately that is about 14 months. I only go to FB, mail, play FB games and my data is gone... I had Att unverse before and I regret leaving them. I try to see little 30 sec videos on FB and it buffers about 3 times!!!! Hate HughesNet
New Poster

New customer and I am over it too, speeds of 767kb on a night, buffer, and buffer. They can not fix this service they oversold the service and the tech told me to expect nothing more than 20% of the service.

Testing with Tech who know what the problem is just dared not say.

12th of June and no data left? and they tell me used it, "watching what" the buffering line at the bottom.

I want out with no fee's, they say providing a service, great as long as you watch and use everything in the morning, after 4.40PM 753 kb may be 1mb if you're lucky.

Wow can not even write C***bleep** @action on the forum, I guess they know what coming.

New Poster

Notusing HD, did not turn off data saver, have not used my Xbox 360 since it won’t let me watch the movies I bought. An yes I’m aware of the termination fees. I’m only using one tv with a roku on it .

New Poster

I am having the same problems plus my speed is horrible. I have called soooo many times. How do I post my own? I got a call yesterday to resolve the problem for the umpteenth time and I was told the engineers are on vacation. I want out!

Associate Professor

"Wow can not even write ------ on the forum, I guess they know what coming."

This is a privately owned forum, so they can censor any words they want. 

The contract binds you to arbitration.  You can't use any other type of action.  So no, it's not "coming." At all. 

@gleebarker wrote:

New customer and I am over it too, speeds of 767kb on a night, buffer, and buffer. They can not fix this service they oversold the service and the tech told me to expect nothing more than 20% of the service.

12th of June and no data left? and they tell me used it, "watching what" the buffering line at the bottom. 

The "fix" is not using all of your data.   As stated in the Fair Access Policy (FAP), which is discussed in the HughesNet Subscriber Agreement, "If your data usage exceeds the allowance for your plan, the throughput (speed) of your service will be reduced until your next billing period.  The speed of the Services may be reduced to as low as or lower than 1 Mbps."

Having reduced speeds due to being subject to FAP is not grounds for contract termination without an Early Termination Fee.  

Regarding your data usage, the following two threads may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

If these two threads are not of benefit to you and you would like help in figuring out what may be quickly using your data, please start a new topic in this same section (Tech Support).  

If you have speed issues when you DO have data available and are NOT subject to FAP, please start a new topic in this same section to get help.  However, as part of the troubleshooting process you will need to run some speed tests, and the tests cannot be run while in FAP.  They must be run when you have data available.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@julzmonteena

You can start a new topic in Tech Support here...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

You can also click on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.  Clicking on the button will take you to the same page as the link above.