cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm really beginning to hate Hughesnet. Terrible service and no straight answers.

Highlighted

I'm really beginning to hate Hughesnet. Terrible service and no straight answers.

Had satellite installed about a year ago.  No paper trail, no way to know what account # was.  Mandatory payment from credit card, so no records to look for when you have a problem.  Consistently charged $13-14 more a month than I was quoted, but always became to troublesome to figure out why.  I found out yesterday, that I had been paying a repair warranty fee that I didn't know about.

Recently had new metal roof put on house, so satellite was removed and can't be placed back on roof.  Called customer support and told them I'd like it reinstalled, but worried about line of sight and it not working -- would I still have to pay for installation.

I spoke with 4 different reps yesterday (English was not a primary language for any of them) and wasted HOURS.  My specific question was what would happen if they couldn't find a line of site.  I finally got the answer of $125 tech fee for the install, non-refundable if couldn't get it to work ON TOP OF $145 cancellation fee I was stuck with, regardless.  The job was an installation, not repair so the warranty I had been paying for didn't cover it.   I broke down and scheduled a tech appointment next Tuesday betw 11-2.  They told me $125 would be charged to my next bill. (Satellite is my only choice for internet or I would have paid the $145 and been done with it.)

Today, I got call from the tech company.  They told me that I was required to pay them $118 plus tax at the job site because a 'repair' order had been put in.  I told them hughesnet already told me $125 would be charged on my next bill and she affirmed and both were due because it was a repair.   ???????  And we could call hughesnet when the rep was there to try to arrange something else.  On top of that, they wanted to reschedule to tomorrow which I couldn't do.  They couldn't confirm next Tues 11-2 and will call Monday to let me know.  Meanwhile, I have to plan a vacation day hoping they show up.

I would NEVER EVER recommend anyone to HUGHESNET. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: I'm really beginning to hate Hughesnet. Terrible service and no straight answers.

Hi cnmcurtis Smiley Happy
        At the end of each phone conversations with customer service yesterday you should of received a reference #. Do you by any chance still have those #'s ?
The moderators on this community are all corporate level customer service representatives, and they can easily go back, review each of those calls that you made, and straighten this entire matter up for you.

Just hang tight..and if you did write down those reference numbers, any of them, please list them to speed things up.
Highlighted

Re: I'm really beginning to hate Hughesnet. Terrible service and no straight answers.

I only got one, 100807072.  The first lady was the only one that gave me a case number.  No one else gave me one or asked for one, but they may have pulled it up with my account.

Highlighted

I'm sure that they did, and I'm certain that our moderators will have no problems pulling up all of those conversations using this single reference #'s. Thank you for providing that as it will really save the moderators a lot of time in retrieving those phone calls.

It's getting a bit late in the day and I'm on the West Coast, so more than likely the moderators have already gone home for the day. There are here Monday thru Fridays, (9am - 5pm)
I know you want to get this all sorted out quickly, and especially before these technicians come out to your house, so again, hang tight as they can expedite all of this for you, review those calls  and get you squared away Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Meredith, 

Thanks for posting with your case number and welcome to the community. Looking through your account notes, I do see your recent calls in to our support center. From your interaction on the 20th, the agent left these notes:

>cu said that she already called several times today about the dispatch issue
>cu said that there was a work done on their roof and she was told that it will be a t&m dispatch and it will cost $125
.cu wanted a discount
>informed cu that we cannot
>cu then is doublem thinking if she will continue a dispatch and pay the ETF OF 145 to cancel the service
>asked cu if the Internet is working before the roof maintenance
>cu said yes
>cu also wanted to know if we can check if there will be a good line of sight of the dish because the dish cannot be put on the roof anymore and they have trees
>informed cu that the tech will also look for a location at their house where there will be a good signal
.cu understood
>cu just wanted to process a dispatch and pay the tech fee of $125
> informed cu that anything extra will be charged upfront

.cu understood

The bold section is what I want to focus on. In relation to your service working normally before the change to your roof. Unless there was already a loss of service due to something on our end, the tech visit fee is warranted. Since your roof would no longer be able to have a dish, a technician would most likely have to install a pole mount to help get a clear line of sight. Which makes it a repair. The 125 is to have a tech come out for any type of normal servicing. Removing the dish on your own could have made it unusable for the pole mount. More material would be needed and more time to assess a proper installation. No way of knowing this until someone comes out to your home. So any fees that your local dealer sees necessary in doing an install repair is up to them. We do not control that. 

I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenience to you. Just want to clarify everything thus far. As a courtesy to you, and since this is not an everyday occurrence, we'll credit your account for our fee of $125. As for scheduling of the next tech visit. Try to keep on them, so that they give you a concrete date. As you know most local dealers have many customers to service, and not necessarily just HughesNet.  Hopefully they are able to get you back up and running soon. I'll post back again once I've added the credit. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Meredith,

The credit is added. So your next bill will have the tech visit deducted from the total. Keep us posted on what happens with the dealer. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Highlighted

Thank you Chris.  Where can I verify this?
Highlighted
Alum

Hello Meredith,

If you are registered on the customer support center www.myhughesnet.com. Your billing section should show your current balance.

- Chris