cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm transitioning from residential plan to business plan. Will I be able to keep the same email address?

Freshman

I'm transitioning from residential plan to business plan. Will I be able to keep the same email address?

Hello, Since we use Hughes Internet mostly for business we are going to go to a business plan because of more data/flexibility during business hours. Will I be able to keep my same email address I've had for many years?
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I'm transitioning from residential plan to business plan. Will I be able to keep the same email address?

Good morning John,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I know when customers sometimes have to get a new SAN, we're able to migrate e-mail from the old SAN to the new. However, I haven't seen a case yet about migrating from a residential to business account. Let me double check for you to see if the same thing applies.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: I'm transitioning from residential plan to business plan. Will I be able to keep the same email address?

Hi John,

OK, just got confirmation that we can definitely migrate your e-mail from your old SAN to the new one, even if it's a business account. This is not an automated process, so the best thing to do is once you've signed up for business service and have your business SAN assigned, let us know so we can start the migration. SANs should not be posted publicly, so please e-mail your business SAN to communitysupport@hughes.com.

If it will be a long while before you get the business plan, just post back here in the community (might have to start a new thread if it's more than a week old) and let us know you're ready to migrate.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Liz,
I spoke with business sales yesterday and was told to call business customer care about his. I was on hold for 20 minutes and gave up. I'll try again today. My installation is scheduled for Thursday. When do I get the new SAN?
Thanks, John

Good morning John,

Did you get a confirmation e-mail after you ordered the business service? That e-mail should have your new SAN. I have someone here looking your recent order up so we can get your new SAN to migrate both your e-mail accounts.

Some things to keep in mind as you transition from your residential account to your new business account:

-Be sure to cancel your residential service so you're not double-billed for that and your business service.

-Since you were on the lease, please be sure to ship your equipment (radio, modem, modem power supply) directly to us. Do not let the tech take your old equipment. Equipment return details will be given once you terminate your service, but here they are for your reference: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1039586-0001v2_c.pdf

-Do get the tech's name and number for future reference.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi John,

Found your new SAN, I'll e-mail it to you at your primary e-mail you gave when you ordered the business service and we'll get the e-mail migration started.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi John,

E-mail migration for both addresses have been completed. They are now both associated with your new business SAN.

Please visit supportcenter.myhughesnet.com to register your addresses. You will be prompted to enter your new SAN and daytime phone number. Don't worry about the business option checkbox, you should still be able to register just with those two pieces of information. Continue and follow the instructions on the prompts from there. If you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

So the email addresses are associated with both SANS until I cancel the residential service?

An e-mail address can be associated with only one SAN at a time. In our system, your addresses are currently associated with the business account.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

Will I not be getting emails until the business account is active? I have received mails this morning?
Thanks, JT