cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need more monthly data allowance.

I need more monthly data allowance.

10gb is not enough.  $50.00 per month for an additional 5gb is outrageous, and I'm looking for at least 20gb.  I also have seen other posts where the data allowance is a problem.  Seems like it fades quickly toward the end of the billing/renewal period.  I've had to buy more several times.  Nice way to make money, HughesNet.  Not good for customer satisfaction.  If and when something else comes available, I'm afraid I'll be leaving you.  When I started out, your service was great in all aspects.  Since Gen4, not so much.  I really, truly wish I'd never got Gen4.  It really stinks compared to my original service.
14 REPLIES 14
New Poster

Re: I need more monthly data allowance.

Debbie I agree with you 10GB is not much and for some reason is seems that we go through a lot more data after going to Gen4 and I don't know why. I don't know if since its faster we just do more and dont realize it or if for some reason its figured different, I do know with Gen4 your uploads count against your data as to where it didn't before either the HN9000 and 7000 but I have seen where a lot of customers are going through more data after upgrading, My HN9000 legacy pro plus plan I got 525MB a day which would be equal to 15.75GB per month but I hardly ever ran out on the 9000 but have run out a couple of times with the Gen4 but I know mine is my fault, (Netflix, Hulu) which I just got this year, it would probably be cheaper for you to upgrade to a higher plan rather than buying tokens because they are expensive. The mods will be on here Tuesday and can help you with it. if you have a case number I would post it or the serial number from the back or the bottom of the modem so they can find your account. Are you using multiple devices and if so what brand and model router are you using? and how many devices and what are they, so thing like cell phones and kindle and tablets tend to do there updates over wifi if they can find it. when my teen age daughter and her Iphone moved out this summer my data usage dropped a lot and she claimed she never used the wifi but her phone some how managed to connect, lol 

I'm not sure if this applies to your difficulty, but when I was still with AT&T, for 300GB/mo. my bill was around $65.00/mo and I never ran out, but used rarely. Having switched to Net10, I now have unlimited talk, text, and data for $56.00/mo. tx. incl. and never worry, nor wonder how close I am to some arbitrarily imposed limitation that I didn't even have the option of designating.
New Poster

I also have Net10 and the unlimited does have a 2.5GB cap
New Poster

Read the fine print on Net10's website it does have a 2.5GB data cap on their AT&T carrier and 3GB on their Verizon carrier
Assistant Professor

From what I know, there is no more unlimited data on any cellular network. There are a few people who still have it under grandfather clauses but they are very small in number.
I think 20GB is about the max available now.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm probably just using so little that I'm flying under the radar so far. I'll be monitoring my situation closely.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be monitoring my situation more closely. I'm probably just using so little that I'm flying under the radar so far.
New Poster

Same here, mine always run on my wifi
Associate Professor

Straight Talk is rather strange... If you have them with AT&T, and are on a 4G LTE network, once you go over 3GB of data on your cellphone, you are slowed to only 3g speeds.  But if you are already on 3G, you get slowed to, well, let's say it isn't pretty.