cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to know a way to upgrade without using a credit or debit card.

I need to know a way to upgrade without using a credit or debit card.

OK, Since I am going over my usage every month I have decided to upgrade from residential to business. By doing this I am saving money and not using the tokens. I have called Hughes net to get this changed over but they will not do this without a credit card. I have gone and got a pre paid credit card and that will not work. Is there anyway I can get around this? My dad will not let me use his and I why do they need one when I will pay upfront?
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I need to know a way to upgrade without using a credit or debit card.

It gives them something to hold over your head to collect ETF if you cancel.

Just like the 2 year contract lol
Freshman

This isn't the billing section of the forum. How are you paying monthly now? How are you paying for tokens? Maybe you do need to manage your data.
Assistant Professor

Most providers require some type of credit card and positive credit history regardless how you pay. I would imagine the business account part comes into play also.

Unless you have the ability to setup auto-pay through a bank account.

Good morning keeganleach,

Simply put: You can't upgrade to a business account without a credit card. 

When switching from a residential plan to a business plan, you're essentially getting a new service, and all new customers must provide a credit card at the point of sale.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I pay by bank account right now.

I do a lot of downloading and online game play for my farming simulator game. If I am not playing I am modding or making models for the game which means I distribute them and I have to upload them. I don't do a lot of online playing but the maps and mods are over 200-700 megs of data and the tractors and other things are over 100 megs and I just had to restore my computer so that took data I had to redownload everything.